altText

My Neighboors making bacon!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

My Neighboors making bacon!! Empty
PostSubject: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:33 pm

They've got a fair way to go to get rashers out of that My Neighboors making bacon!! 1865348797 s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Looks like they are making a pigs ear out of it to me!!!!
My Neighboors making bacon!! 2381841692 My Neighboors making bacon!! 2381841692 My Neighboors making bacon!! 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 pm

It's s nout to make fun of My Neighboors making bacon!! 2381841692 My Neighboors making bacon!! 2381841692 My Neighboors making bacon!! 1865348797 My Neighboors making bacon!! 1865348797 s s s
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:00 pm

unfortunatly I got dragged into helping Tanya,s dad and neighbors with this when I was out there xmas 2008, I tried hard not to get involved but they were 1 man short so had no choice. mind you it did taste good afterwards, but given the choice I would not do it again. My Neighboors making bacon!! 2345823347
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: My Neighbors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:55 pm

A lot of people will find this a little offensive to look at but I say its part of life in Bulgaria and I hope it will be for many years to come, I think stuff like this although maybe a little gory is what makes Bulgaria the place it is :Good post:Andy
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 pm

All part of village life here in Bulgaria and a chance for friends and family to get together too. Must admit I can't do the deed myself but do love pork. One of our pigs will be appreciated at the christmas lunch table. Knowing that they have had a good life and been treated right definitely helps.
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Its that time of the year when the locals take to the Rakiya house for the brewng of the years rakiya and the pig killing,familys and friends get together over a few days off from work, for one of the popular events of the year the killing and butchering of the family pig for winter food. A traditional meal such of stuffed cabbage leaves, mixed rice and pork, served during the evening party, which will carry on late into the night with plenty of rakiya being shared by everyone. Not be long until EU rules in Bulgaria put a stop to this tradition, as for homemade rakiya which is facing taxation in accordance with EU regulations. In a few years village folk may have to take their family pig to a slaughter house to be killed, which,of course will distress the pig during transportation to a unfamiliar place. Bulgarians hope that this particular tradition remains, and that families can continue to provide for themselves during Bulgaria's bitter winters.
I must say the meat is one of the best I have tasted My Neighboors making bacon!! 1231724242
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 am

Over 100,000 Pigs to Be Slaughtered for Christmas and New Year

Hunters to shoot down the home-bred pigs so that they suffer less, Bulgaria's Minister of Agriculture Miroslav Naydenov appeals.
Some 100,000 pigs will be slaughtered for Christmas and New Year. This year the Bulgarians will eat less pork as they will change the traditional pork with turkey meat, Minister Naydenov explained. Minister Naydenov appealed that hunters shoot down the home-bred pigs to save them sufferings from slaughtering.
The slaughterhouses use electricity to more humanely kill the pigs but this is impossible to be done in home conditions, Minister Naydenov explained for the bTV.
It is expected that the Bulgarians buy much less pork stakes this year compared to 2009. In 2009, the Bulgarians ate about 70,000 pigs only bought from supermarkets. Each pig roughly weighs 150 kg and this makes about 100,000 tons of pork meat. Nearly the same kilograms of pork came from home-bred pigs. This year the Bulgarians do less purchasing, traders state.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Neighboors making bacon!!   My Neighboors making bacon!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Neighboors making bacon!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1