altText

What Guitar ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:05 pm

My grandson is 9 years of age and he wants an electric guitar for Christmas with an amplifier now I don't know anything about these so I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice as to what sort I should get him ? the bands he listens to are ...Dire Straits, The Who, CSNY, Genesis, Meatloaf, ZZ Top, Deep Purple, Black Sabath, Meat Loaf, AC/DC I just thought if I added what he likes it may help to know what sort of Guitar I should get him
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Can't help you sorry I can't even sing in the bath but I do take my hat off to your grandson and wish him well with this What Guitar ? 570106603
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:53 pm

johneyberry would seem to be the guy to advise on this one ...
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Never thought of him varnagirl well spotted :Congtrats:you know what to do now nets
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Heavy duty, Netsniper s s s s s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I would say get the child a guitar by all means but you need to get yourself and the parents some ear protectors. g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, it's a good age to get started, he may end up being famous when he is older. As a 13 year-old I had a full drum kit, a tape recorder and earphones going in my bedroom, but the neighbours still liked me!! Not enough youngsters playing instruments these days. What Guitar ? 2581928987 What Guitar ? 2706089290 :What Guitar ? 1931734156: :Band: :Band:
Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:36 pm

A 3/4 Guitar and a practice amp , keep in mind if he is right or left handed , and as Tony said some Ear plugs . But it will be well worth it if he enjoys it and what a great age too start !
You still playing the Drums itchyfeet ? i sold my Tama years ago but really miss it
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Your right this is a good age I remember my brother learning at that age and he go to be quite good but a he grew up his interest changed to girls and he stopped playing but he still has his Guitar s good luck with your grandson s
Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Girls , the downfall of many a young man :Hearts:ha ha
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:55 pm

paulhackling wrote:
A 3/4 Guitar and a practice amp , keep in mind if he is right or left handed , and as Tony said some Ear plugs . But it will be well worth it if he enjoys it and what a great age too start !
You still playing the Drums itchyfeet ? i sold my Tama years ago but really miss it

I played the drums for a friend of mine only a few years ago, I was also a freelance drummer when I was younger and played with rock groups and dance bands. I play the bagpipes now and have done for quite a few years and have played in the Lord Mayor's Show in London. I practice a couple of times a week at home as well, my present neighbours still talk to me, this has to be a bonus! I started out in life being shy and a little retired, it seems to have disappeared as I have got older. Can't help it, it just comes naturally!
Eric
What Guitar ? 2381841692 What Guitar ? 1865348797 What Guitar ? 2381841692 What Guitar ? 1865348797
Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Good on you ! Bagpipes and Drums , and people still talk to you :LMHO:I played in a welsh speaking band on the T.V many times {i cant speak welsh} we recorded a couple of singles in English in Sheperton studios in London .I really enjoyed it , but all good things must come to a end :Very sad:My son now is wrigthing his own songs he likes Rap :What Guitar ? 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi Paul just thought I would let you know Ashley has done it now s

paulhackling wrote:
Hi everyone Just a suggestion but the introduction of the Welsh flag would be nice T
Back to top Go down
paulhackling
Junior user
Junior user

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Thank you Daisy ,do you think he could change my Flag to the Welsh one ? nothing of course wrong with St George Flag
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:29 pm

You should be happy to have a "
St. George"
flag, Paul.

Regards, George s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What Guitar ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Guitar ?   What Guitar ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Guitar ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next