altText
altText
altText

NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Empty
PostSubject: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Taken from the Sofia Echo

About 54 per cent of motorists who were fined at some stage by the Bulgaria traffic police have not paid their fines because they were unaware they owed money, Bulgarian media reported on October 26 2010.

There are more than 1800 motorists in Bulgaria with collective fines of more than 200 000 leva, the Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA) said, after conducting research in September and October 2010.

The NRA has launched a "
call you at home campaign"
whereby they would ring debtors to remind them of their obligations. About 54 per cent of debtors replied that they had no idea they owed money. Apparently all those who did owe money had a record of previous traffic violations. About 93 per cent of those phoned by the NRA said they would pay the fines with about 40 per cent promising to pay within a week.

About 20 people said they had no intention of paying their fines whatsoever. NRA, however, have reminded all debtors that the money in question, as well as an additional fine, could be deducted from their wages.

====================================================================================================================

And what happens if you don't actually have a job here and no wages? Would they confiscate your house? I wouldn't put it past them.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequen   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Well they just won't pay and nothing will happen as always NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences 794030042
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequen   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:09 am

Good point I know of people who have had fines and tried to paid them but can't because no one seems to know where they should be paid so this won't work anyway
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequen   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:01 pm

We have had two fines and on both times they have to be paid direct into the police bank account municipality,and then you have to take proof of payment to the local police
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequen   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Maybe you were one of the lucky ones I also have friends who have been trying to pay a fine for well over 18 months NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences 3135333095
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequen   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:19 pm

how do you get fined without knowing, wheres the letter that tells you, you broke the law and must pay up :shocked1:bulgaria is not know for its communication skills, i never get a bill from vivacom, so how do i know when to pay and what to pay, they cut me off last month because i was late with the mobile phone but not with the land line, but they dont tell me when to pay. what are you supposed to do. you want to pay but they dont tell you when, so annoying NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequen   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:14 am

Extremely annoying, Starlite. I don't seem to have these problems, except with water - they seem to come and check every nine months or so and are very lax about when you actually pay it and never cut you off, so that's OK. With electricity, I got one bill two days after the latest date for payment. I had already paid, but that's Bulgaria for you. Did you know that if you pay after their cut-off date, they automatically include penalties in the bill, but don't tell you and you have to look very closely to spot the extra payment!!!

s s s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences   NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NRA warns motorists to pay their fines or face consequences

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1