HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Empty
PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Hiya folks I have just come across this [url=http:
//www.
nsni.
bg/en/index.
php?PHPSESSID=5ad4c64b95074787d58a84aeb7823624:2u98ism4]LINK[/url:2u98ism4] and I was wondering if they were any good? I know that in the UK there are so many of these organisations who people trust until something goes wrong and then they don't want to know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so my questions are, should we trust what they say ? about their members ? and is it a sign that means you can trust their members ? or is it a money making machine ?

ATB
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Can't say I have ever seen anything of them while I was searching for property and REAs sorry I can't help Ashley but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has seen anything about them ? I would think they are something like the things we have in the uk for Builders, but as said its not worth the paper its written on if your Builder lets you down
Back to top Go down
Ruby

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:03 pm

There was a expat owned magazine that tried to do something like this, they set up a governing body and got estate agents to pay for an annual membership. The members had to sign up to certain guidelines and follow them. Think it all went quiet after the initial fanfare. I did email to ask whats happening with it but got no reply. So I think in principle its good but I am not sure how in reality one can ensure rules are followed. I heard from my accountant that the Government is looking at ways to stop criminals who somehow obtain a copy of your title deeds being able to sell your property from beneath you. I sincerely hope they do find a way as it is a worry to me and I'm sure others!
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Well put Ruby but as you say does it work ? and will it work, unless they are monitored then it will still be a free for all as it stands I believe that anyone can become an estate agent with out ant formal qualifications I know of a couple who took over an estate agent in Yambol who new nothing at all about the business and from what I can gather from friends over there thy have made things quite bad for what was a very reputable REA which is a shame but that's what happens when any Ton Dick or Harry and set up as an REA
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:54 pm

I think you have raised a good point here BGTRAVELLER it is difficult to know who one can trust after all buying a house is maybe the biggest thing you will ever do but I have to say that for some reason some Brits seem to leave their brains at the airport when they arrive in Bg but it still doesn't get away from the fact that just about anyone can open an estate agent so how do we know who we can trust its a question I feel that no one can answer or maybe its recommendation ? I have even heard of people recommending REAS's to buyers buT in fact they are either agents for the REA or they are partners so I think this is still open to debate ? So how do we know who we can trust as far as REA's are concerned ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Goohbur
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Think this has the makings of an excellent topic.the points raised thus far from bgtraveller and admin do make you think.I had got whif of non experienced agents working in the south with no background what ever never even been teaboys in a real estate agency never mind ran 1
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:01 pm

I guess it makes it all very difficult in away [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] knowing who is a genuine REA and who is there just for a quick Buck its interesting to read here that just about anyone can set up themselves up as REA's and in some cases I know that buyers give them access to their bank accounts etc, I to know of the one that BGTRAVELLER has mentioned above again but this estate agent was owned by a brit who is married to a Bulgarian and they had a brilliant reputation but the new owners had never ever been in the REA business before they went to Bulgaria so what qualification would I need I have an HND in Atomic sciences would that help along with 4 degrees in other sciences maybe selling houses is a science ? only joking people but it does make you wonder
Back to top Go down
Goohbur
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Scott
good clarification there.
Indeed the very same agency.
I myself am a qualified Domestic Engineer with a masters degree in manure blowing do you think I may be able to start my own little money spinning empire?
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:56 pm

I shall be watching this thread as a future buyer I need to know as much as possible about who is and who isn't a genuine REA
sarah
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh my if I could have a pound for everytime that I have heard the same stories from people, I do wonder if they have left the brains on the kitchen table when they buy sometimes. But it is very easy for us to see sometimes that they have been ripped off, or taken in by an agent. My advise when people decide to buy is to try to find an agent that other people have used and has good feed back on forums, or to even ask on forums if people know of this agent. The other way is to use someone in an area that you want to buy to find you a house etc. Although I am not an agent I do know of properties that are for say in my region. Dont be rushed take your time and do as much research as possible.
Back to top Go down
Goohbur
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Sometimes one can have done the best research any human could and still will fall for very clever and creative testamonies and referals due as often as not to the poster having a hidden agenda.

I guess one would have to go with an agent that had NUMEROUS testamonies and with so many forums now having rules that you must state your occupation this will go some way to help but on the other hand you could find postings written on behalf of an agent or finder to get around the rules so a never ending circle
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
WIT OLIFANT
Anonymous

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Bulgaria is corrupt, not news to anyone, anyone looking to buy in this country needs to not only be sure to have contracts rock solid but they also need to have a great repetour for prayer, because only God knows weather they will succeed in their efforts.
I remember reading a piece in the Sofia online paper back earlier in the year, it was about the EU's Experts from the European Anti-Fraud Office, who arrived in Sofia to advice the prosecutor-General on corruption, they were charged 120 leva for the taxi trip from the airport to the centre. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lorka
Anonymous

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:50 am

Research is the 'word'! It and only it will protect you. I've been ripped off in taxis in London and I have taken many taxi rides herein bulgaria, 95% of which have charged the correct figure and the minority 5% that have tried it on.

As far as buying property goes, personal investigation into the area is required. As Fletch quite rightly said, the horror stories are repeated and repeated...Why? Because of impatience, would be clients arrive here...meet an estate agent who they have corresponded with on the net...Then believe they OWE them something as they "
Have become friends"
If you saw some of the commissions involved they'd soon realise WHY thay are so friendly....Then they want to complete on that property as it is a once in a life time opportunity, no fear, no hesiatation...

Such a shame, if more were cautious, then it would have influenced the selling practises here. Instead the charge in like a bull in a china shop brigade, only have themselves to blame...

Once they have been fleeced they start crying and it was never their fault.
lorka
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 am

Oh Lorka I so agree and with you Fletch. As soon as someone tells me an agent is their 'friend' bells start ringing. They will disappear into the woodwork as soon as they have milked them for every penny in the buying and renovating process. I was lucky and had an excellent agent but when I used to recommend them I was always told they were too expensive! Well, the agents actually told me they were expensive and I went with them and had no problems. You cannot buy just by price because nearly always you just get what you pay for and 'cheap' can become a very expensive mistake. Fortunately for me, I bought before all the pseudo agents sprang up which is where most of the problems started. It was not all down to Bulgarians either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?   Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who are they ? and can we trust what they say ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next