So far excellent health service

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

So far excellent health service - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:25 am

First topic message reminder :

I have really only had good experiences with health care here.

I had a breast cancer scare not long after moving here and went to a private clinic in Stara Zagora. They were brilliant. Got an appointment that day, had all latest equipment and got told all fine (Thank God) straight away. Have been back since for check ups as was told to go once a year. Cost a whopping 30 levs for all tests. In the UK when I had similar scare had to wait around 4 months for appointment and then couple of weeks after for results. And doctor here spoke better English!!

And have been to good dentist in village not far from me.

Have also experienced the national health care here when ex boyfriend very ill and whilst quite basic, care was good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetravelbug.org

AuthorMessage
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Well done Baxter glad to hear it all turned out well for you all, I see we all have a lot to learn here but for me this is very positive and I do wonder if you would get the same treatment in the uk or how long would you have to wait after being sent home with pills

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Glad it all turned out well for you Baxter as Sarah says I wonder if you would have had such quick treatment and diagnosis in the uk I don't think so ? I have a friend who was going back and forth to his GP and the hospital with a similar problem it was only when he collapsed while shopping and taken to hospital that they found out what the problem was so well done to you sir [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bsbb
BANNED

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 am

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but been living now in bulgaria for 4 years, and have been trying to conceive a child for 7 years, Had tests etc in uk, and was told to continue on with trying... patience.... kinda thing.... but since moving out to bulgaria, we went to a private clinic in Varna, and spoke with a wonderful consultant, long story short, my only option was IVF, Had one operation to remove my fallopian tubes which cost 150lvs with a 2 day stay in hospital, and are now undergoing IVF treatment, ok 5 attempts so far havnt been successful, but we feel that having such support from my clinic, we are remaining positive that one day we will be successful. The price of IVF here is half the price of the uk,and i know that shouldnt be an issue, but when your talking thousands of pounds for the same procedures.... well it really does make a difference, also with no waiting lists.., well a week or two, but that is only for them to get the dates etc ready for injections correctly. the uk you can wait upto 3years in some towns/cities. So basically what i am saying is that the health care/service here is second to none, and are very happy and satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 am

This is as good as any place for such good news, it incredible really to think that here we have a country that is so "
FAR BEHIND"
the uk yet it's all so much quicker and from what you've said and so much more positive I've wish both all the best and look forward to the sound of tiny feet one day good luck and all the best to you both
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
bsbb
BANNED

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

thanks ashley :)
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:41 am

Yet again its good to hear such possitive things about the Bulgarian health service I have a relative who has been waiting for almost 3 years in the uk just to get to a clinic so from what your saying she would be better off moving over there anyway all the best with your treatment both and I shall be waiting for the good news

sarah
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 am

The very best to you both bsbb hope the future's bright
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:38 pm

ohhhh what a lovely item to read.im gonna cross my fingers(my toes,my eyes and anything else i can cross) and offer up a small prayer for you that,very soon you will have the news you have been waiting so long for.On same theme,im off next week to have a smear test 70levs,and u get the results same day,or if its near the weekend first working day after the weekend,then im off for a mammogram,no u have to wait till ur in your 50s like uk,just turn up at this clinic,if not busy they see to u there and then,if not ur appointment mayb a few hours or next day,cost 70 levs and u have your xray seen to and given to you to keep within 2 hours,now bet u couldnt get that in uk,privately or not.im well impressed with the health care here,i have also found a wonderful doctor who speaks fantastic english,and when my husband or i go to see him,he has all the time in the world,every visit he examines u from blood pressure to urine sample to general check over,then he deals with ur problem,and this is with a waiting room full of people.then he discusses with u the reason why he giving u the medication,wow cant remember seeing a doctor like that for a very very long time.mayb some english doctors should come over here to learn some bedside manners.i always leave his surgery feeling better already.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 pm

That’s a great story Celia and to bsbb good luck and I’ll keep everything crossed for you I can relate to what you have said Celia my friends sister had to have some treatment like this in the uk but all she got was a waiting list and a very in personal doc who she could not even understand because his English was terrible, don't get me wrong it wasn't his fault but why does the NHS employ people who can't really speak English, well that one question maybe someone else can answer, but again well done to you Celia and good luck to bsbb
Back to top Go down
fingers

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:08 am

This has been a reassuring read. Whilst I am not yet in BG one of my concerns was the health service as whilst I am 100% fit I am 73yrs. old. Thanks for all the good news.
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:41 am

as a 73 yr old, in bulgaria u dont need to worry the one thing i have noticed in our village ocenovo,nr varna,even the youngsters look after the older people of the village,every sunday u see whole families going into the elders houses for a visit and a natter then they do any odd jobs they need doing.like Ireland the older people are very well looked after and very much respected by all generations,i think this is the same all over bulgaria,mayb the other members here can confirm if this is so in thier villages.good luck with the move to here when are you thinking of coming,and which village you staying in.im sure if theres any memebers out there who r in the same village they will make sure u settle in well,and help u with bulgarian ways,when u do arrive.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm

That is great well worth the money,i too have praises for the health service,i have been suffering with a very bad toothache all weekend,and its traveled to my ear.so this morning off to the dentist,there were lots of people waiting but after 30 mins, in i went,done a complete examination,but decided the tooth may be resting on the nerve so gave me 2 lots of antibiotics and a course of vitamin b,the lot cost 50 Lev,got an appointment Thursday to see how things are going,very nice dentist and speaks very good English,in
england i would have been told no appointments until next week,and then i bet they would have just taken the tooth out,and not tried treatment first.very pleased with service

Mike
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:26 am

I also have been at the receiving end of BG healthcare and all of it good.
I have MS and Asthma and I had been having problems with my legs not wanting to work and also my balance so I went and visited Dr Samra who is a very good English speaking doctor in Yambol.
While i was in there I mentioned the fact that I have a small hernia but it was giving me some problems , He looked at it and referred me straight away to the New Yambol hospital to get it checked.
I went along was met my Dr Ilia and the director of the hospital who spoke a little English but I had my own translator anyway, was examined and decided that It needed operated and was then duly met by the surgeon who was going to operate.
First problem was the MS because I only had copies of my diagnose from the UK which was in 2005 and not any MRI films they would not do the operation until I had another MRI confirming the status of my MS.
So off to a neurologist we went to get a checkup, new medication and a ticket for the MRI. Then to Stara Zagora fr the MRi but there was a problem with the machine and we had to drive to Dimetovgrad to get it. Everything was ok and it was decided it was ok to operate.
But because of the MS I would have to be operated on at the University Hospital in Stara Zagora.

So of we went to the University hospital in Stara to meet with Dr Niklov and Dr Petrov who would be my surgeons on the day of the hernia op, IT was scheduled for the Tuesday, Tuesday came then a problem and my heart rate dropped below 50 when they were trying to put me under.
So it was stopped and moved to next day which was Wednesday after a re-examination from the Heart people and the chest people and once I had passed them they would operate next day which was the Thursday
Thursday came and I was wheeled down again and they started, but the heart Doctor gave me a tablet to reduce my blood pressure and I reacted badly to it as they were trying to put me under so it was again cancelled.
By this time I was distraught I didn't know what was happening my translator was away for coffee for as far as she was concerned I was in theatre. I was wheeled back to the ward where I was told my surgeon would come and explain.
He did, he was there within 10 mins and explained the problem apparently I have a narrowing in my Aortic valve which was only diagnosed with these guys and when it contracts it limits the blood flow through ti and this was the problem.
So summing it up I didn't know what to expect, I was terrified beyond your wildest dreams but the care and professionalism I received was outstanding.
Although the standards of the ward leaved a lot to be desired the care was second to none.

I am now not afraid to visit the hospital and will be again shortly as I am getting a knee operation but i'm hoping that I can get that done in Yambol

All this was paid for by my E121 form which entitles you to healthcare at the same price as a Bulgarian ie your 2.40 patients fee.

So my operation cost me nothing as has the x. rays and examinations for my knee but I will have to may for the prosthetic knee if that's the way we will take but there's another couple of options first.

Your GP or family doctor seems to be the one that calls the shots over here, if you need referrals he gives you them, If you need operations he gives you the tickets to see the surgeons everything seems to rotate round him.
If you are either a pensioner or are in receipt of any benefits for a chronic long term health condition you are entitled to have your E121 form.
it's easy to set up you just phone pensions and overseas healthcare dept in Newcastle and they will guide you through what you need to do.
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:00 am

fingers wrote:
This has been a reassuring read. Whilst I am not yet in BG one of my concerns was the health service as whilst I am 100% fit I am 73yrs. old. Thanks for all the good news.

Hi Fingers as a pensioner you are entitled to an E121 form which will entitle you to healthcare at the same price as a Bulgarian.
This can be obtained from the Pension Dept in the UK if you need any help then give me a shout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So far excellent health service   So far excellent health service - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So far excellent health service

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2