Best City...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:22 pm

What do you think is the best city in Bulgaria? aannndd Why?

Last edited by 42 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a poll ...)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:26 am

Now that one is going to be difficult to answer, as it would be if you asked about any other country!

If you want shopping malls, night clubs, pubs, restaurants (Bulgarian, Indian, Chinese, Russian, Greek, etc.), McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut, cinemas, theaters, museums and more, then it has to be Sofia. Like any capital city the World over, it's busy, lots of traffic and people, but you can grab food and drink 24 hours a day.

Alternatively, if you want culture and history, then Veliko Turnovo, the ancient capital of Bulgaria. Steeply set on a hill overlooking the river, ancient houses, cobbled streets and the amazing Tsaravets Fortress on the edge of town. The new part of town now has some decent bars and restaurants.

Or, if you like the coast ... Varna. A beautiful city and very 'western' in feel with it's wide streets, shops, etc., whilst still retaining some of the traditional Bulgarian architecture. Plus, a lovely stroll through the magnificent sea gardens takes you down to the actual seafront which has a ton of bars and restaurants to choose from.

You should also consider checking out Ruse up on the Danube river and Plovdiv ... both also have lovely architecture and a nice 'cafe culture'.

(By the way, before you submitted this as a New Topic, you could have clicked on 'Poll Creation' at the bottom of the screen, which would then allow people to 'vote' for their favourite cities as well as discuss them!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 am

ChrisQBG wrote:
Now that one is going to be difficult to answer, as it would be if you asked about any other country!

If you want shopping malls, night clubs, pubs, restaurants (Bulgarian, Indian, Chinese, Russian, Greek, etc.), McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut, cinemas, theaters, museums and more, then it has to be Sofia. Like any capital city the World over, it's busy, lots of traffic and people, but you can grab food and drink 24 hours a day.

Alternatively, if you want culture and history, then Veliko Turnovo, the ancient capital of Bulgaria. Steeply set on a hill overlooking the river, ancient houses, cobbled streets and the amazing Tsaravets Fortress on the edge of town. The new part of town now has some decent bars and restaurants.

Or, if you like the coast ... Varna. A beautiful city and very 'western' in feel with it's wide streets, shops, etc., whilst still retaining some of the traditional Bulgarian architecture. Plus, a lovely stroll through the magnificent sea gardens takes you down to the actual seafront which has a ton of bars and restaurants to choose from.

You should also consider checking out Ruse up on the Danube river and Plovdiv ... both also have lovely architecture and a nice 'cafe culture'.

(By the way, before you submitted this as a New Topic, you could have clicked on 'Poll Creation' at the bottom of the screen, which would then allow people to 'vote' for their favourite cities as well as discuss them!)
Best City... 3356871870 Best City... 3356871870 wow that was awesome :) they all sounds awesome :) but maybe Veliko Turnova is best i like culture :) thanks for your answer T and i didn't know you could make polls :) maybe next time i shall do one g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 am

mechta wrote:
i didn't know you could make polls :) maybe next time i shall do one

No problems ... I've added a poll for you now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:36 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
mechta wrote:
i didn't know you could make polls :) maybe next time i shall do one

No problems ... I've added a poll for you now!
awesome!!! thanks...haha i couldn' decided for a best cuty myself, i love bulgaria as a whole :)
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:47 pm

No vote from me. I like Sofia as it has good transport links as well as all the stuff Chris quotes. VT is nice. Varna is a gr8 coastal resort. Never been to Ruse (yet). In fact I like Bulgaria H
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
No vote from me. I like Sofia as it has good transport links as well as all the stuff Chris quotes. VT is nice. Varna is a gr8 coastal resort. Never been to Ruse (yet). In fact I like Bulgaria H
before i die i want to of visted every city, every place that is in Bulgaria....i love it that much!!!! H
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 pm

I think its a bit like an old Tv quiz show 'Take you pick' but there was alway a booby prize Best City... 1865348797
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm

meandmine wrote:
I think its a bit like an old Tv quiz show 'Take you pick' but there was alway a booby prize Best City... 1865348797
hahahhahahahaha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Best City... 570106603
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Sorry not much help but its horses for courses Best City... 3356871870
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 pm

nu2bg wrote:
what do you been horses for courses?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Ha ha love it.
Horses for courses. Apples and pears, old rubber duck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

mechta wrote:
nu2bg wrote:
what do you been horses for courses?

I suppose what I was saying is each to their own and having not been all over Bulgaria I couldn't really say which is best c
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:00 pm

oooooooo now i understand g [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best City... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best City...   Best City... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best City...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1