altText
altText
altText

Leaf disease of some sort

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lakatnik

Leaf disease of some sort Empty
PostSubject: Leaf disease of some sort   Leaf disease of some sort Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:19 pm

I have a few wine-plants that I started last year. This summer I got some sort of disease that is eating the leaves.

Does anybody have an idea what to do?

Here a couple of pics:
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Leaf disease of some sort   Leaf disease of some sort Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

You will find that this is probably caused by the excessive amounts of water that we all had in May, June &
July. All our vines have the same brown markings. There is going to be a poor harvest this year because of the water problem. Not much you can do I'm afraid. The Bulgarians have sprayed them but nothing seems to work. Roll on for a better crop next time around.
Back to top Go down
lakatnik

PostSubject: Re: Leaf disease of some sort   Leaf disease of some sort Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
You will find that this is probably caused by the excessive amounts of water that we all had in May, June &
July. All our vines have the same brown markings. There is going to be a poor harvest this year because of the water problem. Not much you can do I'm afraid. The Bulgarians have sprayed them but nothing seems to work. Roll on for a better crop next time around.

T
OK, I guess the high humidity then is the main reason. Well, these plants are only about 20 inches high on their second year so there is no buds or anything yet.
Well, we will see what next year could do. :Alone:
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Leaf disease of some sort   Leaf disease of some sort Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm

my 2 year old apple tree and peach tree looked awful in april, may and june, leaves were curled and looked like they were being attacked by something. we think it was the late snow in march that affected them. the peach tree has now thrived and produced 20 peaches, the apple tree has not yet produced but looks healthier now. the weather this year has been strange, and extreme, the willows never flowered either, seems the weather dictates here. Leaf disease of some sort 2581928987
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Leaf disease of some sort   Leaf disease of some sort Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

My new fruit trees suffered earlier this year too. Peach leaf curl is a big problem and it is not just the peaches that get it, A spray is the only answer,
I am afriad, much as I dislike any sprays, In BG the fruit trees get everything so I shall start this winter with my regime.
Have a look the web for a fruit spray programme Looks a bit daunting, but with out it the pests build up and most fruit trees will suffer in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaf disease of some sort   Leaf disease of some sort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaf disease of some sort

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1