Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit   Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I found this today and thought it would make for a good discussion I can remember when even older people had children can you

Bulgaria Health Committee Calls for Motherhood Age Limit

Age cap on births has been demanded by the head of the Parliamentary Health Committee a day after a 62-year-old woman gave birth to twins in Northern Bulgaria.

Health Committee Chair, Lachezar Ivanov, spoke in favor of a motherhood age limit, as cited by BTA.

“Science is progressing but we need an age limit for the women who want to give birth with medical assistance,” said Ivanov, regarding the case of the 62-year-old Krasimira Dimitrova who gave birth to twins in the city of Pleven on Wednesday.

According to Ivanov, some law changes are necessary and the age limit that should be accepted is around 40 years.

“It's not normal for a 62-year-old woman to become a mother,” said the member of the ruling GERB party.

Ivanov expressed his concerns with the children and mother's health condition due to the late pregnancy.

Medicine's achievements are wonderful, but they should not be in conflict with the moral, ethical and religious beliefs, Ivanov said.

62-year-old Krasimira Dimitrova gave birth to twins following an embryo transfer. This is the second global case of such late birth and the first in Bulgaria. Until now, there have been six cases of women above 60-years who have been impregnated with a donor egg.
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit   Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:35 pm

God I don't know how she could be bothered at that age. She could be dead in a couple of years and then who looks after the babies. It's not going to be very fair on the kid's either is it.
This is way too old I personally think 50 should be the limit.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit   Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm

I think 40 is too strict and 50 probably right, at least you stand a good chance of seeing your child grow into an adult, but will more likely miss out on the joys of being grandparents. c
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit   Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:26 am

starlite wrote:
I think 40 is too strict and 50 probably right, at least you stand a good chance of seeing your child grow into an adult, but will more likely miss out on the joys of being grandparents. c

Yes I think your right but when you look at other countries they seem to live a lot longer so I do think its geographical

sarah
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit   Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:46 am

Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit 1763269238

Children are a blessing at any age. I think there are stages we all go though, firstly are we really every ready for children and if so, what is the best age. I had my son at 21 - did I know much about children than - nooooo, but I soon learned. Such a big responsibility to take on. I think the right age to have a child is in your 30ies, you know more and seem much calmer and wiser and of course you have done the career bit so you feel much more happy and content. At 40 you should be enjoying life with your 10 year old. At 50 you can look after the grandchildren should you feel broody Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit 2381841692 and then give them back g

I would have to agree that 40 would be the cut off period.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit   Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgaria Health Calls for Motherhood Age Limit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1