Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism Empty
PostSubject: Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism   Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:37 pm

[size=75:2u3eu7ac]novinite 29 March 2010

Romania, which has recently announced ambitious plans for the development of its seaside resorts, has declared willingness to tap the experience of its neighbor Bulgaria as far as privatization and investments in the tourism sector are concerned.

“Romania should learn how to make the privatization in the tourism sector intelligently, just like Bulgaria did,” Elena Udrea, Romania's Minister of Tourism, said as cited by local media. “It is namely thanks to this intelligent privatization that tourism along the Black Sea coast is flourishing,” she said.

According to the minister Romania should attract many investors from abroad, who “are involved in the tourism sector and know how to do it well.”

The government has already started to draw up a program on how to achieve that goal, she said.

The statement by Minister Udrea comes on the heels of criticism by representatives of German tourism operator TUI, according to whom tourism developed significantly in Bulgaria during the last years, while in Romania it doesn't really attract foreign investors.

"
Bulgaria made significant progress during the privatising process, but unfortunately Romania fails to attract foreign investors. I include here the international hotel networks, which lack in Romania. Regarding tourism development, Romania is 7-8 years behind Bulgaria"
, German tourism operator TUI manager for Marocco, Romania and Bulgaria Detlev Hohne told Deutsche Welle earlier this month.

According to him Romania is 7-8 years behind Bulgaria as far as tourism development is concerned.

The comments come as a surprise for Bulgarians, who have got used to foreigners perceiving the Bulgarian Black Sea coast as crass and overbuilt, a sea of concrete, sporting "
For Sale"
notices, with the only option to make a good holiday out of what appears a bad bargain in all those places flung in between the still virgin far-north and far-south and their peaceful beaches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism   Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Personally I think that Bulgaria needs to learn a lot before they go giving advice to others I wonder if they tell them not to be greedy
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism   Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 pm

who said greedy. ok bulgaria is a lovely country to live in, but to holiday in it, i feel it has little to offer in the way of entertainment, fine dining and poor accomodation with the emphasis on health and safety, my daughter booked albena with bed and breakfast for five as it was cheaper than coming to stay with me, they were on the 12th floor with 6ft windows opening outside and with small children, this was not acceptable.. a bottle of becks is 85 stonks, in albena its 7 levs. says it all really, will they return............unlikely. bulgaria has upped its prices and offerring no real change. it has a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism   Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Yes indeed your both right Bulgaria have a lot to learn as far tourism is concerned and I believe they don't know to much about hospitality either I don't mean the person next door just those within the hospitality industry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism   Romania Set to Tap Bulgaria's Experience in Tourism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1