View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Does age really matter? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought I would start this topic off because I have read that Bulgarians tend to have a big age difference with their partners, thats not to say this is only applicable to Bulgaria because it happens all over so my question is what is acceptable as an age difference and should there be a acceptable difference ? and what do you think of males who have a partner that is say half their age or less, and the same for a woman who has a partner half her age or less, but I do believe its the male that is more likely to choose a much younger partner?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 pm

I have just found this topic and I would definitey say that age does not matter to me or my partner but it certainly does to many Brits. It doesn't bother the Bulgarians at all in my experience and have taken both of us to their hearts. Having read these replies I can now see why we have difficulty with British people here. I am 70 this month and my partner is just 47. It started as a romance when I was in my early 50s but has lasted for years because we have worked together and have the same views and opinions on life and people. He looks after me well and I look after him. My children accept the relationship and are happy so long as I am happy. I do wish I was still young but I would wish that anyway because I have had a wonderful life. I hope to continue having this wonderful life here in Buglaria with my Bulgarian lady friends who also love my partner. He is a very special person and I think I am too so please don't be so judgemental about age. Talk to those unusual couples first and then make up your mind. I bet there are plenty of couples in the 'proper' age group that wish they were as happy.
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Good on you Oldun. Age in my eyes does not matter, people are people and should be judged on their own merit not their ages. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Good for you.
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:49 am

age matters i want to be 50 years younger I.m in love admin is gorgeous I just think he is the most handsome young man I have seen for years sorry admin woe is me my heart is sad keep up the good work and thank you for all the information you impart : [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:12 pm

junenan wrote:
age matters i want to be 50 years younger I.m in love admin is gorgeous I just think he is the most handsome young man I have seen for years sorry admin woe is me my heart is sad keep up the good work and thank you for all the information you impart : [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WOOO!!!! Hang on there junenan I was in love with him first [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and not only that, there is Sarah, Star and loups and no doubt a few more - so you will have to join the que But I don't mind you all looking he is georgous huh!!!

Oddy

Last edited by 140 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 pm

What on earth is going on here.

He does nothing for me or for most of the other boys. But then again if there are some, names on a post it
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Junenan so pleased there is someone older than me on a forum at last. You can have Ashley because I am lucky to have my own man.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:57 am

Can I ask why people are so judgemental about the age of couples? What does it matter as the question asks? Do people feel threatened or just disgusted? Why? It is now acceptable to 'come out' so why is it so unacceptable to have a big age difference? An older man and younger woman is far more accepted than the other way around. Probably because nature makes it so a man can still father a child. Even in the celebrity world an older actor is lauded while an older woman like Demi Moore was not applauded. In these promiscuous days, why do people use the word 'disgusting' just on the grounds of age difference? Not all relationships are based on sexuality. Could it be a tinge of jealousy? I was once asked by a couple of 'Shirley Valentines on holiday, how to catch a younger man???? I did not set out to 'catch' him, in fact I was happy in my singledom at the time. So give us your opinion on this. I am holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:40 pm

scott wrote:
I thought I would start this topic off because I have read that Bulgarians tend to have a big age difference with their partners, thats not to say this is only applicable to Bulgaria because it happens all over so my question is what is acceptable as an age difference and should there be a acceptable difference ? and what do you think of males who have a partner that is say half their age or less, and the same for a woman who has a partner half her age or less, but I do believe its the male that is more likely to choose a much younger partner?
...yes age matters....if it is over a generationg for example 10 years...there isn't much you would have in comman the realsionship is possible not to work and it will only be baised upon one thing..... so i think that age does matter
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:36 pm

I must disagree with you here I don't think age matters in the way that you have stated, I think a lot of couples can find their soul mate regardless of age and I know of 1 or 2 in the UK where the age gap is more than 10 years but I would say that both of them are actually in love with each other and not sex g
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

I must disagree with you on this Mechta. Not all relationships depend totally on sex although its true that initial physical attraction counts. After that, its more to do with having the same ideals and views on life. I have been with my younger partner for around 15 years now living 24/7 in business and retirement and we still find things to do and talk about. I am very independent and certainly would not expect him to stay with me if he found someone more his age. He is not with me for monetary reasons because we were both having dire financial difficulties when we met. Your statement shows more about your personality and lack of understanding than it does about generation gap relationships Mechta. I would guess you are still around the 30s in age. I wish you luck in your relationships but please don't judge everyone by your standards at the moment. That remark is aimed at others with the same views as yourself. Who knows what the future holds for all of us. You may live to eat your words. g
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

No disrespect to Mechta but she is much younger than 30 if you look at her introduction she's 16 :Thanks1:but I must say a very bright 16 g Does age really matter? - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
cameron

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 pm

16 o my god i have socks older than her Does age really matter? - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 pm

cameron wrote:
16 o my god i have socks older than her Does age really matter? - Page 2 2381841692

So your socks are only 16 years old Does age really matter? - Page 2 3135333095 thats half the age of mine Does age really matter? - Page 2 2381841692

Back on topic, I disagree also with this I do believe that young and old can have as good a relationship as any other age group and in a lot of cases perhaps better
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh apologies to Mechta then. Having said that, its a case of the young having no deeper understanding of relationships and should not be making comments about something they know so little experience of. Its quite normal for the young to make such bold aspertions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   Does age really matter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does age really matter?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next