altText
altText

Travelling with dogs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Travelling with dogs. Empty
PostSubject: Travelling with dogs.   Travelling with dogs. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm

We are planning on driving over next year. However, we really want to bring our two dogs with us. Has anyone else done this, and how did you get on? I know we've got to get pet passports, but wondered about the logistics of overnight stays etc. Any info would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Travelling with dogs.   Travelling with dogs. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:18 am

Hi scunnered,we travelled over with our pitbull,and had no probs with him,but we had a caravan and he stayed in there,not sure about hotel/motel if they have pets,we have some friends who bought their dogs across and they slept in the car,always worth asking when you turn up as if they are not busy they probably would,nt mind.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Travelling with dogs.   Travelling with dogs. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:08 am

Hi Scunnered

We moved here from France about five years ago and brought our German Shepherd with us in the back of the four wheel drive.

We had our pet passport with us and also a letter of 'good health' from the Vet in France, however, we were never asked to produce any documents, not even at the border crossing into Bulgaria (although I must admit the guy checking our passports looked scared to death of her!).

We travelled from France, through Italy, overnight Ferry from Bari in Italy to Igoumenitsa in Greece. From Greece up to Bulgaria and crossed in Sandanski.

We had an overnight in France with a lovely dog-friendly hotel. On the Ferry, we had an option to take a 'dog friendly' cabin, which means she stayed with us for the overnight trip to Greece.

We got to Bulgaria in one day and found another pet friendly hotel in Sandanski.

Basically, we had no problems finding hotels that would take her, nor did we have any problems at border crossings. The dog was by our side the whole journey and arrived quite calm in Bulgaria (more than I can say for me after that drive ha ha!).

It may be worth planning your route and booking dog friendly hotels in advance so you don't have the worry of finding them each day when you've had enough driving.

Hope all goes well for you.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Travelling with dogs.   Travelling with dogs. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks for the replies. I guess I've got a bit of research to do. We were hoping to see a bit of the countries we pass through, not just get to Bulgaria as quickly as possible!
Back to top Go down
woodsman7
Anonymous

PostSubject: Travelling with dogs.   Travelling with dogs. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:23 pm

HI we have traveled many a time to bg and back with out german shepphard we have found all the hotels we stayed in accepted dogs, their is water at all the services [rovided for the dogs and are also accepted, once we left the uk nobody wanted our pastports for her, and last now nobdy wanted our pastports either as their is no boarders through to bg belguim, germanym austria, hungary and romania, even bg did not want them!!!

happy travelling hope this helps you and enjoy your trip,

(am happy to e mail you our route if you send me your e mail address via pm)

regards w
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travelling with dogs.   Travelling with dogs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travelling with dogs.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1