Benefit Fraud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

[size=75:14brc37e]novinite 24 February 2010

More than 50 cases where British nationals continue to claim social benefits after moving to live abroad have been uncovered, the UK Ministry of Employment and Pensions has announced.

The ministry cited 20 countries, including Bulgaria. Other favored destinations worldwide include Australia, Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Pakistan, and Trinidad and Tobago.

Critics of the UK government have claimed that this is further evidence of how easy it is to abuse the benefits system. They estimate that such fraud is costing British tax payers GBP 63 M annually.

Cases included people in wheelchairs, who had claimed invalidity benefit, later seen dancing in Spanish night clubs. A British couple was sentenced in 2008 for receiving social benefits while cruising the world in a luxury yacht.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
snail
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

l know of a person living on incapacity benefits which l did see him work and walk around like a person with none of the disabilities to be entitled to handouts.l sometimes seriously think about letting the system know his where abouts for what he done to me,l just might do it.he is in the se of bulgaria
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:34 am

I was istening to 2 couples recently who were crowing their benefit cheques had arrived (who are now not entitled to them )...this really p,d me off
and for all those out there who have said , "
why not , if they can get away with it "
dont moan about uk going under when its natives do this and you agree with it !!!
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 am

:Good post:VG - I was once listening to a couple bragging in similar fashion and giving me the impression that I was stupid for not doing the same thing! My conscience wouldn't allow me being 'Old School'.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:21 pm

I should think that Bulgaria has its fare share of fraudsters from GB and not all connected to the DWP.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Im sorry but with all the sophisticated computer systems we have surely there is a program that can be made for immigration that when your passport is scanned at the airport it can tell the authorities if you claim benefits and if you do well a few questions should be asked The UK is too easy to scam and so long as people can get away with it WE( the taxpayer) will all keep paying for the THIEVES lifestyles! Also whilst Im having a rant all mobility cars should be one make and bright orange in colour with a big picture of a wheelchair on the doors ~ see how many of the "
fraudsters"
would want one then and the government could save millions on blue badges aswell. Benefit Fraud - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Sounds to me like this is happening a lot over here! DC sort it out, it's not fair to the tax payers or people who genuinely need the assistance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benefit Fraud

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2