altText
altText

Friends in need

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Just been speaking to some very good friends of mine in Bg who are finding things very difficult at the moment financially, anyway they were try to explain to their Bulgarian Neighbor that one of them has to go back to the uk to find some work while the other stayed, with this was yesterday that they told the Bulgaria, anyway today their neighbor came to their house with half a a fresh lamb that he had just killed and gave it to them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It made me think would this happen in the uk ? I think not, it's amazing that most Bulgarians have little or nothing yet this neighbor shared half of it with my friends as he realised they were in need :[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]: it makes you see that no matter what some may say about BG :roll:that care for each other is still there [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Anonymous

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:30 am

I can tell you, it does not happen in this village for sure, All I see is hands out to me, and the words "
give me"
all the time. Not even molla or please, just a demand I want "
Az Iscam"
parry, and the words, "
you give"

It is good to read that there is some BG's being kind and helpful, but it is not all over BG. Only in a few places. I think we will read much more of this as time goes by. It is getting harder for us here.

Sorry folks, my words are not cheerful, not feeling so good this morning.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:34 am

Our village is different again. When we arrived a few years ago we were not inundated with goodies but respectfully accepted. Over the years we are now very integrated and know nearly all our villagers and they know us. I know if we are in need they would be there for us and help if they could. This to me is perfect as I would be very suspicious of motives if we had been given as much attention as some people seem to receive. It is not a competition to see who is most liked by Bulgarian neighbours and each village has different ways. Take things slowly and gradually gain respect. This applies to everyone. We are a novelty to them initially so often the first Brits to arrive get a lot of attention sometimes. This should not be confused with being liked! After all, aren't the British very wary of immigrants arriving in Britain with no language?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:06 pm

oldun wrote:
Over the years we are now very integrated and know nearly all our villagers and they know us.

Fair comment oldun and welcome! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We made an effort to say 'dobur den' to all our neighbours, 'pryaten den' whenever we left the local shops, etc. It seems to have paid off as now we're no longer viewed as 'foreigners' in the street, we're very much a part of the community.

A couple of months ago I had a big problem, Jain woke up with terrible chest pains and in a real panic ... I went round to the neighbours house (we've exchanged the odd word or two, but didn't know him too well) and threw stones at his window at 3.00 am.

He woke up, came out and I explained in my limited Bulgarian the problem and the fact that I needed some help.

He woke up his wife, who came round to sit with Jain whilst Ivan hit his telephone (unbeknown to me at the time, he's an ambulance driver for the local hospital) ... five minutes later the Paramedics arrived, dealt with Jain, refused to take any money and went. Ivan and wife stayed until Jain fell asleep again and then went back to bed (now 4.30 am).

Ivan and I shared a nip of rakia and now I would consider them friends.

Like everything in the world ... slowly but surely!

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 am

Exactly Chris and pleased to read that you have had local help when in need. We help neighbours when we can and never leave empty handed. This is wonderful because then no-one feels any obligation or hurt pride. In life people often get back what they give and this is certainly true in our village. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 pm

oldun wrote:
Exactly Chris and pleased to read that you have had local help when in need. We help neighbours when we can and never leave empty handed. This is wonderful because then no-one feels any obligation or hurt pride. In life people often get back what they give and this is certainly true in our village. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is a good thread and I like what you say here oldun its very true that you only get back what your prepared to put in the poster above who is a guest seems to have made some bad choices with his village but I do believe its more a case of you are with your host after all thats what those of us who live in Bulgaria are GUESTS
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:44 pm

This is a lovely topic and all about friendship with the Bulgarians come on let’s hear some more from others who live there full time
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Well I have had my spirits lifted from my village ladies. Yesterday, there was a choir practice for our choir which I am in. Not that my voice is that good but I can read Bulgarian and hold a tune with the other ladies, so I do my bit. I arrived a little late but the welcome I received was wonderful. They all cheered and shook my hand and after the rehearsel there was a lovely party for one of the ladies who had a birthday. Lots of beautiful home-made cakes and egg smashing. The choir mistress played and sang some truly wonderful songs. She has an amazing voice. Half way through, a couple of ladies disappeared and returned with my chap in tow who had a birthday at Easter as well. Lots of laughter and dancing which really cheered me up after I had got so low I was actually thinking of leaving Bulgaria. What a mistake that would be. We have made such great friends of the villagers and feel very comfortable here. I hope others will find the happiness here that we have.
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Our Babba at the top of the garden is 84 years old,she has always looked after us since day 1 of being here,even though she has been poorly over winter she still made sure we had our bag of goodies for Easter,she has always been a good friend of ours,she cooks for us we cook for her,she likes to have a beer with us,all in all she has always been like having your gran at the end of the garden
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am

Thats lovely Loupylou. Bulgaria has had such criticism about bad things happening here that its nice to reassure folks that there is much to be thankful for here. To those thinking about retiring here, try to choose your village with as much care as your house.
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

I LoVe BUlGarIa

The people, the scenery (even the not so pretty bits) the animals the life. Even on the down side i can look up because bulgaria for me still has much more to offer in terms of social experience.

My dyado dancho always wants to get me drunk on his homemade Rakia, while my Baba Reni is trying to turn me into a old fashioned do as you told 18th century wife, my 70 year old layla in plovdiv always offers and does sometimes babysit my two energetic kids to give me and rumen a night out as she knows it would hardly occur otherwise.

These are very few of many examples i can give! I love Bulgaria xxx
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:15 pm

We also are very lucky in our village too . Our neighbors are wonderful. Ginka takes care of us and it's so funny really as I do believe she sees herself as our very own little bodyguard The mafia has nothing on Ginka She vets everyone before they get 10ft of us If she does not like them, then she clears them off.

Dougie is in Bulgaria now and she is down every day to check all is well and brings him loads of goodies too. She is a little Sundays are the best, we have visitor after visitor and Ginka only allows them to stay a short while .

Bulgaria is fantastic and its the people we surround ourselves with that make it that way. We help one another and that's the way it should be. We have lovely neighbors here in the UK too.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friends in need Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends in need   Friends in need Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friends in need

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1