View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 pm

[size=75:34vr17az]Standart news 21 February 2010

Brides Get Cheaper

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=75:34vr17az]Beautiful Donka and her fianc?, Nasko were the most
popular couple at the market of whitesmith brides

A couple of hundred of Roma from all southern Bulgaria gathered yesterday at the first for the year bride-market of the whitesmith Romani clan near the village of Mogila, Stara Zagora region. Traditionally the eyeing of brides is made on St Todor?s Day ? the first Saturday after the start of the Great Lent. A horde of foreign media were also present to cover the picturesque gathering of heavily made-up girls and eager to marry boys. ?We have heard that parents sell their girls like animals,? Ralph Jurgen Schoenheinz from the Bavarian public TV in Munich explained his interest. Curiosity of the same type had brought a team from the British tabloid the Sun. Some of the Romani would make fun of the foreigners and bargain on tremendous sums for a girl in front of them, others would send them to the other side of the village where the animal market was held.
?For a nice girl, I will give 20я000 levs,? unwillingly says Petko Kolev from the village of Kolena. Most of the whitesmiths, though, say that the crisis is giving them a hard time. The craft is dying and any work, they say, is hard to find both in Bulgaria and abroad. ?I am not lying to you, I took this fine bride for a lamb,? says Todor from the village of Lovets. His son Nasko and beautiful Donka from the village of Dramata, Yambol fancied each other at a bride-market in Yambol. Their parents ? average whitesmiths, blessed their love. Todor gave a dinner for the relatives-in-law and agreed to make the engagement on St Todor?s Day. Thus on the market yesterday Donka and Nasko were the most popular couple.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 am

Don't suppose they'ed have a part exchange program would they?!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:48 am

borntolaze wrote:
Don't suppose they'ed have a part exchange program would they?!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:53 am

Oh my word borntolaze Will you be in the dog house or what

Oddy
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:50 am

Joking aside this is terrible in this day and age and in the so called civilised world [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LNHarvey

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 am

My my this is rather shocking to hear about. I believe in arranged marriges if the couple in question have a choice. Its rather like a dating agency idea.
For sale ?? Are they happy with this? I did hear once that a lot run away from home because they cannot afford to pay the family for the bride.
N
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 am

I'm not saying I agree with this, having been brought up in a completely different culture, but who are we to judge how others live?

If the youngsters accept it and it is part of their tradition let them get on with it.

I don't suppose the marriage failure rate will be any worse that in Uk where we have freedom to choose without any input from anyone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 am

That's a good point Judy I think the success in the countries where marriage is arranged is a lot more successful so you could well have a point ?
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 am

That's very true admin  it doesn't matter what we think about arranged marriages they do seem to work more so than the so called "
normal"
marriage here Britain
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Yes they may work but is it possible that they only work out of fear ???????????????????
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 pm

If they are anything else you buy over here they will only last for a year,hope they come with a guarantee!!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:19 am

Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I wonder if they have a BOGOF
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Ok enough now, sorry Ash I took us better behave or I will get the sack

Actually it was not me boss it was that loup She is leading me astray

Oddy
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:34 am

you cheeky bu$$er! blame it on the gobby mare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brides Get Cheaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brides Get Cheaper   Brides Get Cheaper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brides Get Cheaper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next