altText

UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone Empty
PostSubject: UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone   UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Novinite.com

Prime Minister of the UK, Gordon Brown, has backed Bulgaria’s aspirations to join the Eurozone, in the words of his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov.

Borisov met with Brown in London late Monday night. After the meeting he said that Brown had evaluated highly the fact that the Bulgarian government is keeping its state budget deficit under 3%, which is a major Eurozone accession criteria.

“Prime Minister Brown told me that we deserved to join the Eurozone,” Borisov stated as cited by the BNR.

In his words, the British PM and he discussed opportunities for boosting UK investments in Bulgaria, mostly in the energy and tourism sectors.

“I posed the question about the access of Bulgarian laborers to the British labor market. Mr. Brown promised to actions in order to regulate this issue, and also promised that it would not become a matter of the campaigns before the upcoming Parliamentary elections,” Borisov stated.

He made it clear the UK authorities had agreed to look once again into the evidence on the murder of Bulgarian dissident writer Georgi Markov in 1978.

Other topics of the Borisov-Brown meeting were the bilateral cooperation in Afghanistan, and the British support for Bulgaria’s insistence to get EU action in order to resolve the issue with the border blockade imposed by protesting Greek farmers.
Back to top Go down
Loupylou
Anonymous

UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone Empty
PostSubject: UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone   UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Nice to see the BG pm popping in to see Gordon(nobody voted for me ,What am i doing here ) Brown , for his advice, (on how to ruin an economy) on his way up to Scotland to do his six months swede bashing Hope GB charged him double in euros when he heard his accent!! Angleechanee Parree
Back to top Go down

UK PM Gordon Brown to Borisov: Bulgaria Deserves to Join Eurozone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1