View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
varnagirl
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: time to say goodbye   Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

like most Bg forum, s this one now has had its day.
not even half a dozen peeps posting anymore and the few that are ,are really just chatting amongst themselves..its just not worth it
c
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Quote :
I don't know if it's seasonal, but this time of year a lot of my time is spent beating the jungle back

I agree Hot  plus everyone has different personal circumstance changes and reasons for using forums, and as mentioned earlier FB may be a more popular source? ( for the moment) I wonder what the situation will be as and when BREXIT changes kick in and we start to see how that will affect us living here in BG?

And affect us who own property in BG and travel frequently between the two countries
Will there be problems at passport control, will there be control over how many times we can visit, will it have any affect on our insurance policies, what will happen to the value of the pound etc etc. My wife and I did not vote for in or out of the EU because we did not know what we were voting for and we still don't

No point in worring about that now Willow one can get into a right pickle guessing what might happen, probably noting will happen but for the amount of time you stay in BG you will should still be fine, if anything it will only refer back to the 90 day stay unless you have a Lichen Karta, maybe apply for them next time you are here.

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Dandylion, it has a tap root. If you soak the ground you may be able to ease it out, otherwise you may be able to find a tool that is sort of like a corer and remove it that way. Alternatively, and if you don't have too many, you could also try painting a solution of weedkiller directly on the leaves.

Ah it would be a long and tiresome job and by the time I got to one end of the garden it would be time to start all over again. Most of the grass has gone and we have only weeds now.  See before and after photo here and this is only a small part of the garden.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm

Yup, you are going to need a fertilizer with herbicide for that lot. UK brands are generally not available here or at least in this area. I have had a look at store.bg garden section and although they recommend the aforementioned in thier maintenance tips (so they must sell it) you have to read all of the product descriptions to find out which is which. I only use thier hobby section so that I am familiar with, but the garden section not. Heres a link to thier garden section (click on all individual items and then finally "all catagories" sometimes things appear in one but not the other!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

p.s. the creativity section may be of interest to you with your decoupage and all  
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:55 pm

T Si will have a look g g

Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:17 am

Hi Berni, the store.bg site seems to be a bit of a lemon as far as fertilizer herbicides are concerned. I had a good look earlier and couldn't find anything, I did however find this which might help

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Fab thank you Si will try the salt and vinigar trick tonight and see what happens. The whole garden is cut back now so will put weed killer down tonight then tomorrow we will have stones delivered to put on the roof tiles we laid last year, have to break up the tiles first though. Garden is coming together and it has only taken us 2 years La La La La

PostSubject: Re: time to say goodbye   

Back to top Go down

time to say goodbye

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2