altText
altText

Share | 

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 am

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Berni, I thought you might like this little poem Angel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was with my Mum last Thursday, she will be 99 years old in February and still weeds her garden and does her house work, she also does her weeks shopping in Morison's having got a lift with a next door neighbour. I am her POA and we went to organise and pay for her funeral and I can say now we will not mourn her death in black, we will celebrate her life and her will to get the best out of life, it will be a carnival send off

I am also living with the knowledge that I will loose my lovely wife who is only 70 years old with that dreadful disease dementia. Life can be very cruel and you sometime ask, why me, anyway we will continue to live our lives to the full and enjoy whatever time we have together and hopefully make many more visit to our lovely Bulgarian home to be with our

Ah that's lovely Willow thanks a million.

AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am

Waiting to hear the rest of the story..........
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am

Waiting to hear the rest of the story..........

For some reason it only copied part of the text had to do it in 4 different edits

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 am

g

That's half of the supplies for your next lunch party!! La
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:57 am

g

That's half of the supplies for your next lunch party!!  La

La La La H

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 am

Well the next time I gripe about something I had better make sure it is a proper gripe. My friend in Tutrkan a 76 year old lady moved here to BG 10 years ago and although she is not very mobile she still manages to get around but relies on her car. This happened to her recently!

What a really crappy day (well a couple of things made it a bit alright.)

Took my car iinto a garage in Ruse to have the other 2 glow plugs fitted. First 2 were refitted a couple of weeks ago, costing 10 lev, when they found that the other 2 had been broken in the sockets, and they needed a special tool to get them out. That's taken 2 weeks to get the appropriate tool. Took it in this morning, and was told could take a couple of hours-to-overnight. (I live 50 odd kms away, which takes around 45-60 minutes ech way). My young friend's landlord who speaks almost perfect English, arranged for a taxi to pick me up from the garage and drop me in Boris's flat.

We went for coffee first, which is when I realised I'd lost my handbag, which containec all my money, bank cards, passport, identity card, driving licence, Bulstat card, glasses and mobile. To quote my mother's famous saying: 'I didn't know whether to have a S**t, shave, shampoo or haircut'. Nikoli, the landlord, went back to where the taxi had dropped me off and where I'd met up with Nikoli, but nothing. We went back to Boris's flat, where Nikoli phoned the police. (With a written police report, had I needed to replace my identity card, it would have been free, instead of 150 leva replacement fee.) We arranged that I would stay overnight, waiting for my car (at great distress to me, as my animals wouldn't have been fed etc til tomorrow.)

I couldn't give him the taxi number, as it was in my missing purse. I couldn't give him the garage number as it was also in my missing purse. I couldn't give him any telephone numbers as my mobile was in my missing handbag. I couldn't even retrieve my car to get home as all the money to pay for the work was in my purse in my missing handbag.

Eventually, Nikoli phoned Boris who had the garage number, so called them, to ask them to call the taxi and lo and behold, my handbag was in the back of the taxi. WOWOWOW!!!!!

Got a call from back from the garage, that I could now collect my car, as they hadn't been able to remove the broken glow plugs, without first taking out the entire engine to get at it. Cost: over 700 leva. I said no. So yet again, I was sold a pig in a poke. I'll have to save up and get a replacement car.

Will that be BEFORE or AFTER I buy kitchen units. (NOT replace kitchen units as I never had any in the first place.) ((Originally, there was a summer kitchen outside in my barn - the one that the tiles have smashed through and everything inside is covered in snow each winter.))

IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS.

Oh and to top it all, I've got home and can't light my petchka as there's smoke pouring out the front door, and I'm cold. I have my aircon on at the moment, and I have my gas-bottle fire. Buggeration!!!!!

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 am

We call all that a walking disaster
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Yes indeed, don't really know how she manages on her own.   We have gone to help her a few times but honestly she is very contrarairy and I am tiptoeing around her as she can just snap at any minute.  This is her nature and everything has got to be just so, she has fallen out will all the Brits and most of the Bulgarians now.  She does pay her way but goes over the top.  For instance she needs work done on her house.  She told the builder she can only pay him 1000 lev a month plus materials, well of course the builder will jump at that and then the work they do is not up to her specification so she falls out with them.  She did get some Romanian builders in last year and they did the roof and sorted her kitchen floor and walls out.  This year they will be back to fit a kitchen - she is svery happy with their work so far. Dougie will not do any work for her as they will be at loghead within minutes  

All said and done I do like being around her she is such a clever lady, was a secretary for a barrister in her day. The only thing is I cannot go to her house she has 15 cats and 3 dogs and they come before her, which really does annoy me a lot.  She needs to be mobile but will not see the doc as the cat food/vet bills has to come before her.

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am

I love it Berni, what a wonderful sense of humour, keep up the good work and wish you with your concrete
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Gosh it is dead everywhere, here, facebook, email nobody is chatting these last few days. Must have something to do with the weather. We had a dusting of snow this morning but gone by afternoon and then rain and still raining. We have been waiting for the electrician to come today he said he would be here after lunch but never turned up, not even a tel call to say why. Angry

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Have a good day :)

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:32 am

Morning looks like someone had a good time in the snow

La La La

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

That's it the last straw time for me to consider going back to the UK. I am sick of Bulgaria now, nothing seems to go right here, today they came to clear the snow but did not clear our road so I asked them to clear it, the driver said no as the tractor is too small - Total s..t he said the bigger plough is coming and it will clear the road, well you guess it, it came but did not come near our road and the snow is almost a meter high so very hard for us to get up the hilly road again. Fed up with it all now.

Neighbours have spoke with the mayor but nothing can be done.....

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Time to appeal to a higher authority!

Send an invite to the minister in charge of roads or whatever they call themselves...and then let the Mayor know what you have done.

Never give up...and never give in!!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm

A friend is sending in reinforcement as we speak

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next