altText
altText

Share | 

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 am

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Berni, I thought you might like this little poem Angel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was with my Mum last Thursday, she will be 99 years old in February and still weeds her garden and does her house work, she also does her weeks shopping in Morison's having got a lift with a next door neighbour. I am her POA and we went to organise and pay for her funeral and I can say now we will not mourn her death in black, we will celebrate her life and her will to get the best out of life, it will be a carnival send off

I am also living with the knowledge that I will loose my lovely wife who is only 70 years old with that dreadful disease dementia. Life can be very cruel and you sometime ask, why me, anyway we will continue to live our lives to the full and enjoy whatever time we have together and hopefully make many more visit to our lovely Bulgarian home to be with our

Ah that's lovely Willow thanks a million.

AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Great reply Bill...sometimes the potholes on the donkey track are smaller than the ones on the main road!
I reckon we should get together and write a book about living here...not sure what classification we could publish it under though.
On that subject, I have a book for you to read...I'll dig it out tomorrow and post the details up here. I have a copy, so if you can't source it, I'll lend it out. It pretty much describes all the stuff we find confusing about living over here.

Anyway...my bed is screaming for attention and I'm in an obedient mood.

g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:23 pm

I completed the vignette exercise today and the process has changed a bit. I had to produce the small registration card and my ID card and both were scanned...the girl (whom I've known for more than 10 yrs) then punched the holes in the sticker and all was done.
To be fair, she did ask me what date did I want it valid from.

Be interesting to see if anyone comes across a different system.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 pm

I bought ours on Sat girl at omv said no not buy today come back 2nd Feb. I said no need it today anyway manager gave her the nod and they sold me it and wait it will start on Feb 2 . Before I left for Sofia put the new one on and left old one on till we got back.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm

your new ones starts on Feb 2nd you say but the old ones ALL finish on Jan 31st !!!!!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 pm

On the old one it says expire 2 Feb. she wanted me to come back then and could not do an new one until the old one runs out. It was then the manager said do the new one. Vehicle is not in use now parked up yesterday for 6 days at the airport but had to make sure new and old ones are on just to be on the safe side.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm

Did mine today at the local village post office, no request for Talon, just write down registration number on a piece of paper and she asked what date to start from, stated 01 Feb, produced Vignette punched out valid until 01 Feb 2019 so renew on that date.

Bit confused on how the 'old one' expires on 2 feb, as Varnagirl says, all the old ones expire 31st Jan, (stated on small white counterpart) so new ones have to start on 01 /02/18?

did theirs last week, and all punched as 01/02? so think OMV have it a bit wrong??

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Oh well nothing I can do now but both tickets on the vehicle and it will not be used until sat . I do hope there won't be a problem for the one day

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 pm

Would not worry, if it's not on the road you don't need a vignette g and if not being used until Sat (3rd) you are legal, so just enjoy your break.

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks a million Bill that puts my mind at ease.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 pm

As Bill said...you have nothing to be worried about at all.

Pondering on the expiry date on your old vignette...was that one for a full year..or did you get a 6 month one, back in July/August?
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm

It was a full year always buy a full year on tax and ins when we are not here in bg vehicle is legal.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:53 am

Thanks...was just a fleeting thought that may have explained the funny expiry date.

Hope you're enjoying your stay in Sofia.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 am

Can't believe this wonderful weather we have makes the visit to Sofia so much more enjoyable. We love ❤️ it here so much to see too. I picked up two admirers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 am

s g
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:16 am

I have a feeling I have mess up now. Sent my driving renewal details back to dvla yesterday from Sofia, it was a bit of a polarva finding a post office when we did we were sent to 3 different counters then sent outside to buy a stamp and was told to put it in the post box. Said need to register but she was getting rather annoyed with me and said again no put in the box and I know I should not have done that but I did. The address said dvla Swansea and post code no country so I fear it will ever get there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next