altText

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 am

First topic message reminder :

willowsend wrote:
Berni, I thought you might like this little poem Angel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was with my Mum last Thursday, she will be 99 years old in February and still weeds her garden and does her house work, she also does her weeks shopping in Morison's having got a lift with a next door neighbour. I am her POA and we went to organise and pay for her funeral and I can say now we will not mourn her death in black, we will celebrate her life and her will to get the best out of life, it will be a carnival send off

I am also living with the knowledge that I will loose my lovely wife who is only 70 years old with that dreadful disease dementia. Life can be very cruel and you sometime ask, why me, anyway we will continue to live our lives to the full and enjoy whatever time we have together and hopefully make many more visit to our lovely Bulgarian home to be with our Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 1931734156

Ah that's lovely Willow thanks a million.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 5:43 pm

No Berni, don't stop posting...I'm sure that many of us find your contributions interesting. Just as Ted wrote, I also read every new post, but don't always respond...if I have something worthwhile, or supportive to say, I will do so. I will be the first to admit that much of what I write on this forum is viewed by the greater majority as being unpalatable rubbish, but what I write, is what I think or feel...do I really care how readers interpret my input? The honest answer has to be this...NO!!...those who have met me and interacted with me know me for who I am and they know that a 'spade is a spade' in my world.
I'm very lucky to have met you and your Dougie and I know you to be the person you really are.

Don't stop posting Berni...this forum needs you.

H H
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Awwwwwwwwwww diddles love you too H H OK just as long as I know someone is reading the posts I will continue Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 1069384364

Todays giggle

Phew! this parking lark is a nightmare, it took most of the morning but I finally got parked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Thanks Berni for your kind words regarding my input about my Mother, appropriate I feel as it's Mother Day today

I must admit I feel like you sometimes and think what is the use of posting on the forum, but it is hard to appreciate that we still have a forum after loosing our Admin last year, so all the time it exists we might as well try and keep the few of us as happy as we can with as much news and information as possible, you never know we might just do somebody a big favour one day

I personally don't go on the forum as much as I used to, as I have other things to do now and I have to adjust accordingly. When I do if I find something of interest I will respond or if I think I might have some knowledge or information that might help I will post

I might even start a new topic or story if I think it might interest members, if I don't post very often it doesn't mean I am not interested or couldn't care less, so good luck to the little gang of posters c g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:50 pm

La T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Well yet another let down for us here in Silistra . We arranged for the builder to come on Monday to do a brickwork job He said he would be here at 8am so we waited and waited and nobody came so thought maybe he will come on Tuesday so we waited again, still nothing not even a tel call to say why so I rang him and got no reply. We went to town and saw him by the bar in the next village, we stopped and he came over to say he is working at the co operation now so when he has time he will call us. Very helpful indeed.

Today we were waiting for the electrician to come, we met up with him yesterday afternoon in town and gave him the money to buy the materials so he is ready to come next morning between 8.30 to 9am guess what! yes 10.15 came and still no electrician so his wife called to say he has car problem the part for the car was ordered and will be in tomorrow so if Dougie come to town at 1pm they can buy the materials (that he should have bought when we met up to give him the money yesterday) and then go back to the village. Hang on just a mo, one trip to town to pick him up so he can do a few hours work than take him back again, then pick him up again and take him back the next day so we provide 120 km transport for him too. Told him no, get the car sorted and then come and do the job.

You just cannot get decent help these day eh! Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 3135333095
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Quote :
You just cannot get decent help these day eh

Unfortunately, I learned that lesson a few years back, so my rule now, is never give money up front, and don't believe all the excuses they give for not turning up. If not a registered builder/ company they are probably a moonlighting operation or self-appointed expert, in which case I get confirmation from people who have had work done by them in the past before taking them on and even then I keep an eye on them.

I agree you are not a taxi service and I do not know how well you know the electrician but if it were me I would be looking at getting the money back, as it will probably be spent on the car repair? we can be too trusting at times and easily taken advantage of.
As for the bricklayer he has probably been given some steady work by the co-operative which is more beneficial to him than a 'one off job'

There are some reliable workers out there you just have to be careful how you select them. Same rules as for UK with their cowboy builders
Just my point of view
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 6:36 am

Yes so true Bill.  We are very limited to workmen in Silistra. The builders that did out house did not do the electrics so I had to find another electrician to put in a proper fuesbox and seperate the cooker etc etc, we found Marko and althuogh his work is very good he is rather slow and lapsadasy but he knows his job hence why we called him back. He is not woking at the minute being winter, but he normally works overseas.  I am hoping he will call today to give us a date or at least to say he has bought the materials.  Last time we did go with him and buy the materials but I thought it would save us another couple of trips to town and back if I gave him the 300lev to buy the materials.  I do trust him as he is a friend and a pastor.

Yes I understand re the long term job for the bricklayer but hopefully he will schedule it in for a Sat.  It will only take a day or so to do the bricklaying, we will finish off.  We just need the bricks layed. You are probably thinking why not get himself to do it, well I would but there would be too much argueing re what materials to us, how to do it and if I change my mind there there is hell to pay La La La La You get my drift so best not bother and get someone in I can tell them what I want without any tantrums. g g Then himself can get on with another job. Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 1931734156

Last edited by oddball on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 7:01 am

Quote :
I do trust him as he is a friend and a pastor.
Sounds like you are in the Lap of the gods in your area, lets hope it pays off Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Electrician did not turn up over the weekend so maybe he will be here tomorrow.  Mind you it is snowing now so again maybe not, no tel call or contact either.  I have given him the money for materials now so cannot get rid of him, just have to wait. Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 2345823347  Another lesson learned

UPDATE Monday 19th
No electrician today either nor a tel call to say why but it is snowing and I believe Bulgarians don't work in cold weather
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Well now it is almost holiday time so better get myself ready. As you can see I have already got off to a good start La

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Did the electrician turn up? or is that you getting into practice for when he does La
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 1:26 pm

I thought you were using that as your new Avatar Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 2381841692 Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 2706089290 Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 2:10 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Did the electrician turn up? or is that you getting into practice for when he does La

H H it, yes he turned up, on the job 2 full days and 2 hours so not sure when he is going to finish, but hey he is doing a good job.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 2:10 pm

willowsend wrote:
I thought you were using that as your new Avatar Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 2381841692 Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 2706089290 Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 1865348797

Might just do that on facebook as I keep getting unwanted friend requests, an excellent idea g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 6:32 am

morning
im in........where is everyone else...... wow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next