altText
altText

Driving licence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Banging my head against a brick wall now Driving licence  794030042

My driving licence is due for renewal beginning of Feb so left it till now to renew as it say you can do this on line now.  So yesterday thought I had better get it sorted.  After much searching for a renewal form or link I found I needed to click the link for DI driving licence and fill the form in, which said nothing about renewal. So did all that until I got to the passport section, put in my passport no in and they said 'no you cannot do this on line' and shut me out.  I searched again to find out why this happened and it appears because I have an Irish passport I cannot apply on line and can only apply by post.  Now DVLA already know this as I have a card with photos etc they took from my passport 10 years ago so why did the tell me I can apply on line and then decline.

Ok no problem, I rang them and they will send a new form to me however, I must pay via cheque as there are no option for a debit card payment or a bacs payment, I am trying to catch faries here, now as I no longer have cheque books due to cuting them all up years ago. Nobody I know has cheque books these days.  I cannot get a postal order here in BG and won't be going home until March.  She said my only options are to order a new cheque book and get it sent to me in BG to fill in a cheque or send everything back together to my family member and get them to buy a postal order and post it all off to dvla. Driving licence  3998065313  My children have never seen a postal order before.  

Don't they make things very difficult all the same. You would think they would have a debit/credit card line set up for all payments what with being a government department.   I will be going home for a while so might just wait until then as she said you have 60 days grace after the renewal date, then you have to apply for a complete new licence. Driving licence  794030042 Driving licence  794030042 Driving licence  794030042
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 am

Hi Berni
Sounds like the luck of the Irish just ran out?? And you thought the hoops you have to jump through in BG were bad Angry

However, The DVLA site does state at the beginning -- Renew your driving licence online with DVLA if you have a valid UK passport
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Now DVLA already know this as I have a card with photos etc they took from my passport 10 years ago so why did the tell me I can apply on line and then decline.

Could this be the reason?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you have a photocard driving licence, you must renew it every 10 years - you’ll receive a reminder before your current licence ends.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks Bill. I already have a pink card driving licence so no exchanging paper for card is not the reason. They did send the renewal but son cannot find it, guess it went out with the xmas trash. Now I have to apply manually I also need to send a new photo as they cannot use the one on the passport. Never just rains but pours eh!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am

Well looks like the documents have been lost, they were posted from Sofia 30th Jan and I rang the DVLA today and they still have not received them, they cannot track the envelope as it was just normal post. They said give it another week and try again, if not received by then you will have to reapply all over again. Driving licence  927475117 Driving licence  927475117
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 am

oddball wrote:
Well looks like the documents have been lost, they were posted from Sofia 30th Jan and I rang the DVLA today and they still have not received them, they cannot track the envelope as it was just normal post.  They said give it another week and try again, if not received by then you will have to reapply all over again. Driving licence  927475117 Driving licence  927475117

I think you have to give it more time Berni, it took 4 weeks for our Xmas cards from Varna to get here. It is hard to understand why it takes so long when we received our card from Sheila's brother in Australia in four day's, Crazy and totally unacceptable in this modern world of electronics Driving licence  794030042
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

It's not uncommon for the post to be a little slow, I have on occasion received 3 months of pension slips at a time
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: subject   Driving licence  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Statements from my bank in Australia usually take between 5 and 6 weeks to arrive....sometimes they don't arrive at all!
I received a letter from NS and I on Monday last...it was postmarked (stamped) September, last year.

I never send anything by post...courier is much more reliable.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:57 am

Well I am well pleased I rang DVLA today and they have received and processed my driving licence so all is well. I honestly thought I had lost it all so yes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there must have been a clever person who check the postcode. Well done that person, made my day.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am

g Good news, a bit of pressure off, lets hope getting back to you is just as successful Driving licence  3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Driving licence  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving licence    Driving licence  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driving licence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1