View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: The weather   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

This is crazy but fantastic  s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and only 40 days to this Tree long may it last and continue to B-B-Q :Fantastic:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
varnagirl
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 pm

it is warm..well where i am...but its dull drizzly..and very strong wind blowing...it certainly does not feel like the 14c it says on my thermo out front
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Warm and a sunny 15 here...none of the forcast winds have appeared...yet!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Who knows. It is 13 degrees here in Sofia today but very windy. Going home today just making our way to the airport.

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:46 am

Well  I must say travelling on Bulgarian transport really is very good.  The owner of the places we stayed charged us 20lev to pick up from the airport 6km away which is good saved us flapping around trying to find where the place was etc. We went all over sofia and found there is a metro in the centre a 10 minute walk from us and it goes into Sofia Airport the last stop.  So though we might take the metro. Told the owner we will go back by metro and she wrote the airport down in Bulgarian.  We went into centre and bought ticked to Sofia Airport. Tady told us to go downstairs and take the M2 that says sofie airport and stay on until they say final stop s/airport.  It was 12 stops from where we were and it cost is 1.60lev      In the UK we went from West Drayton to Kensenington 8 stop and it cost us £22 each return  What a difference eh!  

Trip took about 15 minutes and arrived just inside the airport so, in future we know to go to Metro  into the centre all the hotels are nearby.   Wonderful when you know how.  Parked at the airport as Bill suggested and again paid at the kiosk and gave the ticked in on way out dead easy and  only 60lev for 6 days.  Defo will do this trip again, will never drive to Sofia. I also noticed that flights go to Stansted and Heathrow from Sofia so easy and cheaper for us to fly to Sofia from Varna then take a plane, seems much easier than Bucharest drive,  

We arrived in Varna last night at 9.20pm and the temps was 13 degrees Hot

Home in Silistra now and it is wet and miseriable out.  One of the dogs has gone missing bet he has been shot. They always seem to wait till we are out of the way before the animal goes missing, then they tell us they don't know what happened but a well or slo later someone says the dog was shot.   Bonzo was getting very attached to us he was a bit like Nipper followed us everywhere and loved to have been made a fuss of.  I am now thinking it might be our fault trying to gain the dogs trust and then they think all humans are the same. They are not our dogs but neighbour knows where they are and is happy for them to stay around but they will always go back home.

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 pm

For anybody who may be interested, it's 9.30pm here in the UK and it's very cold, minus 3 degrees snowing and the forecast is that it is going to get worse. My daffodils will be totally confused but we all have the knowledge that it can only get better s g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Well, it's just gone 11.40 pm here in Plovdiv and the temp is hovering around 3 degrees (on the plus side) and we are expecting a warmish day tomorrow...my daffies are quite content, even with the forecast for snow on Sunday.

As the song goes....things can only get better!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well, it's just gone 11.40 pm here in Plovdiv and the temp is hovering around 3 degrees (on the plus side) and we are expecting a warmish day tomorrow...my daffies are quite content, even with the forecast for snow on Sunday.

As the song goes....things can only get better!

Here is another song that might be applicable [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Ah hope it does not get much colder for you guys.  We have a wet and miseriable day here in Silsitra and snow all afternoon, it is now raining again so I guess the snow will be gone tomorrow.  It is not too cold but then our balconies are covered in so not sure what it is like outside.  They had a earthquake in Plovdiv last night and a slight trimmer in Dobrich tonight, we have felt nothing so far.

Talking of balconies covered in, I got our electric bill on line today and it was just under 50lev i checked last years bill and that was 147lev so the plastic has made a big difference. The fire is on 24/7 but it was the same last year plus windows and doors covered up upstairs and radiators on.  Strange no need to put the rads on last month or so as not cold.

I don't have daffs but saw some snowdrops yesterday in the garden

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Snowdrops are for snow snowing daffs are for sunshine s so always look on the bright side and here is my theme song [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am going to bed now looking on the bright side of life ,Good night
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 pm

The Monty Python ditty is nice to listen to, but Alma always raises the hairs on the back of my neck...she had such a unique voice.
I think her singing will help me sleep tonight.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 am

Morning guys

Woke up to a bit of the white stuff this morning snowing   Feels pretty cold outside too.  

Off to Silsitra today to meet with two teachers from different schools to discuss how they want me to help them in the schools.  Then visit the electrical shops to look for a drain pump for the beko washing machine, seems it is not spinning and according to the ytube the drain pump is the problem so will try get a new one and fingers crossed will sort it.  

Then off to Lidi and Kauflands yes indeed, such exciiting lives we lead here La La   Have a good day

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:00 am

Morning Guys

Beautiful  dazzling sunshine here today but lots of snow too.  It really not that cold out either tems says -1 so enjoy.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 am

Good morning

Just started snowing properly down here...not settling yet, but lots more forecast for the next couple of days.

g
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 am

snowing snowing stay inside, keep warm and look out the snowing snowing g

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: The weather   Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

We have a 1inch cover all over but ready for the Beast from the East ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather   

Back to top Go down

The weather

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-