Living with Neuropathy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

Living with Neuropathy Empty
PostSubject: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 4:31 pm

I hope this is the correct place for this thread

My name is Simon and I'm neuropathic.

OK it doesn't have the same ring as the AA's great oxymoron, but it is more relevant to people.

Approximately 20% of the European population suffers with this disorder, as a whole the proportion of the general populous over 45 is greater

In Asia the level is closer to 30%

I first noticed this one morning after returning from many of my business trips to China. My little toes had numbness

Now it has progressed to the stage that I have the “socks and gloves” syndrome, which basically means that if I touch my hands or feet the sensation is the same as if I were wearing the mentioned items, my hands and feet are sensitive to pressure (not much fun when one of my dogs is a 70Kg Karakachan, who although loving and as gentle as the creatures he was bred to protect is lacking in a few social graces)

The purpose of this post was inspired by the response from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the post from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The measures I take to keep this affliction under control are this

I regularly take B vitamins
When the weather is hot I use a cold water soak as mentioned by Bazz in the noted post
I try to regulate my alcohol consumption (on occasion unlikely)

Any other hints or tips would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Ah Si I am so sorry to hear this, I did not know what neuropathic was so I looked it up and this is the results.

Neuropathic pain is a complex, chronic pain state that usually is accompanied by tissue injury. With neuropathic pain, the nerve fibers themselves may be damaged, dysfunctional, or injured. These damaged nerve fibers send incorrect signals to other pain centers.
c see the line for more info:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How do you heal nerve damage?

Pamper your feet. If the feet are affected by nerve pain, it's time to focus on good foot care. ...
Soak it away. A warm bath might be the easiest -- and least expensive -- home treatment for nerve pain. ...
Skip happy hour. ...
Sleep on it. ...
Burn it out. ...
Numb it up. ...
Rub it out. ...
Meditate on it.
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:26 am

Thanks for the responce Berni, unfortunately this condition is incurable the stage that I have is a constant feeling of pin's and needle's mixed with nettle rash.
It has been speculated that FDR suffered from this thus leaiding to his disability
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 5:50 am

the stage that I have is a constant feeling of pin's and needle's mixed with nettle rash. wrote:

snap...Sh*t* aint it !
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:49 am

Sorry to hear you also suffer from it VG, it's not a condition that I would wish on anyone. For me by far the worst time is at night maybe because I am laying down or simply because I focus more on it. It's surprising that so little is known about what is a very common condition
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:07 am

GeshiSimon
do you use Millgama protect... / millgama N....do you find either help ?
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:18 pm

I don't take any meds for it I just make sure that I take vitamins regularly. I think B12 is the important one for this. I've heard that some foods can be good or bad but I've not had any experience of anything to prove or disprove this.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm led to understand that B1 is another one to keep topped up.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Marmite on wholegrain bread and a good balance of fish and lean red meat will keep you topped up....milk is also a good source of the correct vitamins.

All tasty stuff, so enjoy experimenting.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:30 am

""I don't take any meds for it I just make sure that I take vitamins regularly. I think B12 is the important one for this !!

Millgamma protect is a vitamin B1 complex...Millgama N is Vitamin B1 , B6 nd B 12 complex !
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 am

Apologies for my ignorance VG, are they readily available here?

And thanks to Bazz for the food tips
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 am

no apologies neccessary......they are both over the counter ..300gm , 30 day pack of Millgama Protect around 30lv..depending on which chemist
Millgama N..around 22lv

all info on them on google
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 pm

varnagirl wrote:
they are both over the counter  ..300gm , 30 day pack of Millgama Protect  around 30lv..depending on which chemist
Millgama N..around 22lv

Don't forget to try Kauflands chemist they seem to be much cheaper than anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 am

oddball wrote:
varnagirl wrote:
they are both over the counter  ..300gm , 30 day pack of Millgama Protect  around 30lv..depending on which chemist
Millgama N..around 22lv

Don't forget to try Kauflands chemist they seem to be much cheaper than anywhere else.

not round my way there not !!!
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks for the info VG, the price is worth it if they work, I'll give them a try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living with Neuropathy   Living with Neuropathy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living with Neuropathy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1