altText
altText

Silistra Dentist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 pm

I need a medal as i have been such a brave lady today I went to the dentist in Silistra, not the one who scared the living daylights out of me last year but telling me he has to do a root canel to do a small filling. This one was a lady and a friend of my friend who also came with me. Dora the dentish was very nice no messing about just got to work said because the filling was between two teeth she would have to replace the existing filling as as small part broke off when my own dentist in the UK was doing a scale and polish, he tried to remove the original filling put in 37 years ago but could not so he fill the part that he broke.

Anyway I was about to tell her the problem when she said I will do a check and find it and sure enough she did. Dora explained she would have to drill out the old filling and if I felt anything raise my hand Silistra Dentist  3135333095 Silistra Dentist  3135333095 What!! are you serious I ASKED! where is the injection! Silistra Dentist  3998065313 She said no injection you don't need it, I said I DO honestly I do. My friend came in Dora explained the situation and show here the problem and what needed filling. Yep only for her being there I would have scarpered. Dora proceeded to drill and I was expecting a lot of pain, but to my surprise no pain only a twinge now and then although the noise of the drill was very scarly. two minutes and she was finished and the grey filling that was put in 37 years ago was out then she filled the gap with white paste and hey presto I was done! Stressing over nothing really. I have to go back on Thursday for the check up and during here check she found another slightly loose filling. It is not causing any problems yet but it will sooner or later so said we will have to sort that out too and do the normal clean and polish.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: subject   Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 am

I hate going to the dentist and put it off until I absolutely must, but I found a lady here in Plovdiv who sounds just like the one you used yesterday. She did some very extensive work on me just before last Xmas and I couldn't be happier. She uses an injection only as a last resort....and she speaks pretty good english which makes things easier.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 am

That is good news. Someone said their dentist said that Bulgaria has the best dentist in Europe so that can't be bad eh. I have found that all the dentists we have been referred to are mother and son and a clinic set up adjaceent to their homes.

Today it is a little sensitive but I expect that will settle down after a while, I still keep tasting the idine or whatever so it must be in the filling.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: subject   Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 7:17 am

Oil of cloves is great for relieving tooth ache or twinges...apply direct with a cotton bud.

Not too sure about Bulgaria having the best dentists in Europe though...Poland is the place of choice for many people in the EU.

I've found that over here they are really good or really bad...sadly, the latter outnumber the former. The closest one to me operates in his garage and has no sterilizer...or even a proper chair!!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 am

Ah that is the taste I keep getting oil of cloves and i burnt my lips a little so she must have mixed the filling with that.

Well so far only have had good reports about anyone going to he dentist here but yes Poland is where everyone goes for lots of cosmetic treatments g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am

In the years I have been here I have had 3 marvellous Dentist ( and yes I am petrified of Dentists )...and all english speaking and understanding...but they have all left ,one by one to go to work in Denmark !!
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 11:21 am

Never had a problem with Dentist over here, mind you I have let them know I used to be a Dental Hygienist in the Army back in the day, so we can speak the same language, in that sense... g

Quote :
she filled the gap with white paste
 that sounds like a temporary filling, often used after an excavation to remove an old amalgam restoration (silver metal) and replaced with a paste of Zink oxide and oil of cloves, that sets hard, has a slight after taste, which wears off, it seals and removes any possible underlying infection, left in for about 1 week to 10 ten days then removed and permanent filling made, so I would expect that is what you will be getting when you go back?

Bill

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Never had a problem with Dentist over here, mind you I have let them know I used to be a Dental Hygienist in the Army back in the day, so we can speak the same language, in that sense... g

Quote :
she filled the gap with white paste
 that sounds like a temporary filling, often used after an excavation to remove an old amalgam restoration (silver metal) and replaced with a paste of Zink oxide and oil of cloves, that sets hard, has a slight after taste, which wears off, it seals and removes any possible underlying infection, left in for about 1 week to 10 ten days then removed and permanent filling made, so I would expect that is what you will be getting when you go back?

Bill

OH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH do you mean I have to go through all that again Silistra Dentist  3897195628 Silistra Dentist  3897195628 .  Bits of the white filling are falling off and a sliver is showing now, was getting worried the filling was falling out but thank you for explaining.  Yes the clover oil has almost wore off now. It is still very sensitive but seems a lot better since the white bits fell off and not hurting too much.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Back from the dentist now.  You were right [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the filling she put in on Tuesday were only temp filling with zink and clove oil. She removed them and put the propper fillings in and all is well. Charged me 80lev so well pleased with that.

Also removed the only other small filling as it was old and a little loose filled that with the zink and clove and go back Monday for removal and refill and a clean and polish. Not sure what the charge will be for that yet.  I must admit this one hurt a lot but she stopped 3 times until I was ready again. In faireness it only took a few minutes but when you are lying there in pain it seems like a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:41 am

Hi Berni
Nice to hear that some things have not changed Silistra Dentist  3367882216
Did she replace with another 'metal' filling or is this one white? I was aware that the amalgam version was being replaced by a composite type, may reflect in the price as well?, does she not have a price chart in the office showing the rates? most do, if not ask for one. you will know for next time g

Quote :
In faireness it only took a few minutes but when you are lying there in pain it seems like a lifetime.

were they small fillings or a fast worker, average restoration time for us was about 30 mins?? but processes and materials have changed, but as you say all done now, well done

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 12:35 pm

To be honest Bill I did not notice although I was expecting to pay 100 to 150lev as this is what my friend said it might be as she has to do two fillings. Because my own dentist broke the tooth at the top of the gum area she more or less had to reshape the whole area she was not at all gentle but rather rough when packing the silver filling in but built the tooth up with white and cleaned it all off nicely. The other filling was only a small one but it was with the grey filling she just packed that until Monday. I would say I was in and out within 20mins, she worked like a trooper.

I am so please I went before any pain started and yes it is almost all over now and at least I have a dentist to go to now.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Had the last filling and a clean and polish today so finished now with the dentist the cost was higher than expect for last session 130lev plus the 80lev for first fillings total cost 210lev about £96. The neighbours thought it was too much but it done now. The first fillings are still very sensitive, probably because of the cleaning but hope this goes away soon.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: subject   Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 pm

My lady dentist charged me 35 leva for a large filling (about 45 mins) and that was 8 months ago...no pain, no fuss, no ongoing problem.

Not long before Xmas, she set me up for 9 tooth bridge with 4 anchor points (teeth), made the bridge, fitted it and the same result...no problems. Total cost was about the 300 pound mark. Wifey says I look 10 years younger...bonus!!!

g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:17 am

Excellent, all sounds great. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silistra Dentist  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Dentist    Silistra Dentist  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silistra Dentist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1