altText

Cheesecake in 4 minutes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Empty
PostSubject: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 pm

This looks good and easy to make will give it a try.. once I find out what Tinnis biscuits are

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Any old brand of tea biscuit will do just as well...I buy and eat them in preference to just about any other type of snack.

Dunno about the yoghurt stuff though...philly cheese is much better. And where the heck does one find condensed milk?

They've left out some of the instructions...crush the bikkies, add some soft butter and blend the mix, then line the bottom and sides of the bowl...sit the bowl in the fridge for about 20 mins and then add (not throw) the mix.

I use the oven, not the nuclear reactor, but the choice is yours. Let it cool naturally and then place in the fridge. I often add a handfull of sultanas or currants to the cheese mix, just for a change...a fruity topping (fresh or puree) just adds to the bliss. g

My favourite topping is raspberry or passionfruit...mmmmmmmmm!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 pm

T  Bazz I will get the Lidi oatmeal or simular. Condenced milk can be go at Lidi too in a carton or a tin where the long life milk is.  I use that for rice pudding.  Adding raisins or sultana's is a great idea.

Oh just thought I would say I made bread and butter pudding yesterday and it was fab, not had that for a long time.  This time as nomral added sultanas, buttered and sugared the bread, but then spread the bread with lemon curd jam.  Boy was it nice.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 am

It's probably been more than 50 years since I tasted bread and butter pudding, but I loved it as a kid.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 am

justbazz wrote:
It's probably been more than 50 years since I tasted bread and butter pudding, but I loved it as a kid.

Bet you will be making it soon. Yum.. Rice pudding is another thing I love but I have now run out of the (desert rice) for the pudding rice and I can't seem to get it here in BG. I have tried ordinary rice but it is not the same. Will have to keep looking, when I asked a few people in the supermarkets about rice for deserts they referred me to the normal rice, so maybe this is what they use here. Perhaps if I soak the rice over night in sugar and water it might be ok, will give that a try next time.

g
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am

Here you are tennis biscuits

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 am

Shortbread biscuits would probably do the job just as well...anything with some butter added, if not already included.

Good find Scott. g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:48 am

oddball wrote:
justbazz wrote:

Bet you will be making it soon.  Yum.. Rice pudding is another thing I love but I have now run out of the (desert rice) for the pudding rice and I can't seem to get it here in BG.  I have tried ordinary rice but it is not the same.  Will have to keep looking, when I asked a few people in the supermarkets about rice for deserts they referred me to the normal rice, so maybe this is what they use here.  Perhaps if I soak the rice over night in sugar and water it might be ok, will give that a try next time.

g

We don't eat deserts in our house (not my choice), although both of the Grannies make Creme Caramel when they visit.
So many great puddings I miss from my younger days...

Rhubarb and custard, spotted dick, treacle tart, bread and butter pudding, jam tart and custard and my all time favourite, banoffi pie!
I most definately had a sweet tooth as a kid...and a Mother who was a great cook.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm

scott wrote:
Here you are tennis biscuits

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that is great and thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i bought similar ones in Kauflands four packets to be on the safe side, one is like the tennis type with butter, The other is a plain type also with butter and the third ones are maria and the last ones are chocolate chip cookies oh and Dougie got some of the round shortbread type buiscuits for dunking in his tea, I doubt he will let me have any of them though La So now spoilt for choice. Thanks a million will take a photo when I get round to making it.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm

justbazz wrote:
oddball wrote:
justbazz wrote:

Bet you will be making it soon.  Yum.. Rice pudding is another thing I love but I have now run out of the (desert rice) for the pudding rice and I can't seem to get it here in BG.  I have tried ordinary rice but it is not the same.  Will have to keep looking, when I asked a few people in the supermarkets about rice for deserts they referred me to the normal rice, so maybe this is what they use here.  Perhaps if I soak the rice over night in sugar and water it might be ok, will give that a try next time.

g

We don't eat deserts in our house (not my choice), although both of the Grannies make Creme Caramel when they visit.
So many great puddings I miss from my younger days...

Rhubarb and custard, spotted dick, treacle tart, bread and butter pudding, jam tart and custard and my all time favourite, banoffi pie!
I most definately had a sweet tooth as a kid...and a Mother who was a great cook.

Oh my you are good no desert, would be murder for sure if nothing sweet here mind you I don't go for cakes or biscuits and gone off chocolate thanks goodness, but I do like deserts, mostly now we have yoghurts.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 pm

I manage to grab a packet of tea biscuits about once a month...Yani loves chocolate and will sometimes share a bit with me. Both the girls like yoghurt and eat lots of it...they have it with everything! I'm lucky because it makes me violently ill, so no temptation there...same goes for the white cheese (cirane).
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Well now I made the cheesecake but it looks nothing like the one above in fact it looks like custard on top of crushed biscuits. I also used melted butter to bind the biscuits but found i hard to get the ruddy thing out without breaking it. Will put a photo on when I serve it with cream.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Leave it in the fridge a bit longer...crust should firm up, unless you used too much butter!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Oh here is the cheesecake, think I used the wrong dish should have used a 7" one it would have looked better. The biscuit was very crumbly. I put some rasins in too.  I was very surprised as it was very tasty indeed and Dougie has second helpings and there was me thinking it will go to the neighbour tomorrow wow

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Johnnjulie
Junior user
Junior user
Johnnjulie

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Cheesecake in 4 minutes  2706089290 you must love your neighbours berni La . And well you know what they say sometimes just sometimes bigger is better wow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheesecake in 4 minutes    Cheesecake in 4 minutes  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheesecake in 4 minutes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Food and Recipes-