Steam locomotive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Steam locomotive  Empty
PostSubject: Steam locomotive    Steam locomotive  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Even though I am getting on towards 80 years old I still have a love for Steam Engines g Steam locomotive  2706089290
Most Powerful Steam Locomotive in Europe Starts From Sofia to Kyustendil - See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Steam locomotive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam locomotive    Steam locomotive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:14 am

Another great piece of British engineering built in Swindon

Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Steam locomotive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam locomotive    Steam locomotive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:55 am

T Andy, I am still young at heart. From the age of 7 years I used to stand in the bridge at Sevenoaks station waiting for the Golden Arrow to go through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Train Ferry
In 1936, the Southern Railway company and the new SNCF invested in new train ferry docks at Dover and Dunkerque. These ships had rails on the cargo deck to carry railway carriages and wagons. At each end, the ship ran into a dock where the water level could be adjusted so that the trains could run off the ship onto the tracks. The luxury "Night Ferry" train had through coaches between London and Paris on this route, whilst the famous daytime "Golden Arrow" used the Dover-calais route, with separate trains either side of the channel - its rich passengers had a brief walk on and off the SS Canterbury (later SS Invicta), which was specially furnished for their benefit *.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Steam locomotive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam locomotive    Steam locomotive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 am

Did you know that The Great Bear, (Granny) was renamed Viscount Churchill in 1924
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steam locomotive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam locomotive    Steam locomotive  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam locomotive

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-