View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Can you believe this? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

The following rant may well belong in another category, but I can't think where...

Short story first....

...I was issued with a valid drivers licence in Australia way back in May of 1965 and since that time I have never been without a current and valid licence, regardless of where I was residing/working etc...this often meant that I would be holding a legal/valid licence for
more than one country, or state, at the same time, all the time keeping my Aust one current. No legal issues involved. No traffic infringements, no accident history, no restrictions or sanctions ever imposed anywhere....squeeky clean history. Early 2004 I moved to the UK and because I thought I would probably reside there for the rest of my life, I chose to do the "right thing" and obtain a UK drivers licence so I attended the closest DVLA and began the process. It's worth a mention that I had been driving for some 39 years and held valid classifications for normal cars, LGV, HGV, RoadTrain (up to 250 tons GVW and 3 trailers), All classes of bus or coach (single and double deck, rigid body and articulated), Taxi, Hire car, Motorcycle (unlimited capacity), any type of tractor or agricultural implement (tracked or wheeled). My logbook (certified and validated) clearly showed that I had recorded a little over 4 MILLION miles operating/driving all of the above classes, including many miles on UK roads driving a tour coach on UK and European roads and had been through many checkpoints without a problem...the young lady on the counter that day in Lincoln would only give me a licence to drive a manual car...and I had to hand in all of my other licences before I could get a UK version.

Let's jump forward to this situation...

...I noticed a couple of days ago, that my UK licence had expired and decided to go for a Bulgarian one. I don't drive very much these days, but it would be handy to have a valid one. Mrs Bazz popped up to the local KAT (Plovdiv) office and asked about what needed to be done. The answer might surprise some of you...

The applicant needs to provide proof of having a current first aid certificate, PLUS a current medical examination, PLUS a verifiable certificate showing that he/she has completed year 8 of schooling and that he or she has undertaken a certain number of hours of driving school training. The fact that I have earned two degrees mean nothing...I have a BA and a B.Sc and I can't prove I actually went to High School, because if those records ever existed , they have been lost. I have all my Uni records but they will not be accepted because the bit in the middle is missing.

The strangest bit is about to be revealed...as many of you know, I'm a retired airline pilot...I used to fly for one of the best companies in the Western world and I used to fly into and out of this country on a very regular basis...my credentials were NEVER questioned, nor should they have ever been. If I could sit at the controls of an aircraft, with 200+ people, sitting behind me, trusting my judgement to keep them safe...why do I have to jump through these hoops, just to drive to the corner store???

I'm sorry if I've bored you stupid.

JB

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 7:15 am

Paddy...not too sure what the 210 year thing refers to, but the rest of your post just shows that red tape and inflexibility within some of these departments can and does cause problems for us ordinary folk.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Guess who now has one of those plastic card things in his wallet.

:Fantastic:
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Well done, im pleased you got thier in the end :-)
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:13 pm

justbazz wrote:
Guess who now has one of those plastic card things in his wallet.

:Fantastic:

g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Thanks mate...I appreciate the support and comments along the way.

g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:44 pm

WOW!!! You got your BINGO CARD La    Hot  Hot  g  g  Delighted for you.   You might need to use the L Plates for a while  Can you believe this? - Page 4 2381841692

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Always loved that song as a youngster Berni...thanks!

Certainly have to be careful for a day or so when I get back behind the wheel...checking the car over this evening and realised that I last filled her up with fuel on 30th of November 2016 and she is reading 2/3rds full now...at this rate I'll fill again at the end of April.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 pm

g Driving miss Daisy comes to mind Can you believe this? - Page 4 1865348797
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 3:17 am

I can live with that. Can you believe this? - Page 4 2142662594
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Oh for feck sake I just can't get my head around this wow Can you believe this? - Page 4 3135333095 Can you believe this? - Page 4 3135333095

What next I ask Can you believe this? - Page 4 3897195628

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 am

Just check your garden Berni...if your swedes are growing...it's raining. La
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 am

La La
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Ok would you use this pool.    NO WAY!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you believe this?   Can you believe this? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you believe this?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-