altText

First fire for winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

First fire for winter  Empty
PostSubject: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Had to give in now as it is getting quite chilly so had to light the fire tonight g Nice and cosy here now. Finding a little smell of smoke yet the pipes are secure Can we get some of that aspestos rope or is that too dangerous

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 5:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hi Bernie,

Haven't been able to type for a while because of a badly sprained wrist, also have a Prity fire. I don't know about asbestos rope but I do find that a pot of water on top of the access ring/cooking plate can often help with the smoke smell, it seems to create a better seal until the metal has expanded (presuming everything like the flue is clear etc.). Plus it also sometimes helps to make sure that this plate is also well centered.

Simon
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:07 am

Thanks Si [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   all sorted now I got some cooking foil and put it round the pipes and the glass so no smoke and can replace anytime needed.   Am I clever or what La

So sorry to hear about your wrist hope it gets better soon. You will need a straw for your beer First fire for winter  1865348797
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Yes its getting very cold now ours it burning nicely

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 pm

oddball wrote:
Thanks Si [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   all sorted now I got some cooking foil and put it round the pipes and the glass so no smoke and can replace anytime needed.   Am I clever or what La

So sorry to hear about your wrist hope it gets better soon.  You will need a straw for your beer First fire for winter  1865348797

Regarding the seal for the glass Berni....I've just replaced mine with the original tape stuff which is available from Prity. The original stuff lasted about 8 years which I think is pretty good. It cost me 3 leva/metre and took me 10 minutes to fit.

They also supply the rope seal for the door edges if required.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 5:56 pm

justbazz wrote:

Regarding the seal for the glass Berni....I've just replaced mine with the original tape stuff which is available from Prity. The original stuff lasted about 8 years which I think is pretty good. It cost me 3 leva/metre and took me 10 minutes to fit.

They also supply the rope seal for the door edges if required.

I asked in several shops in Silistra and they said no, one or two make a cross sign with their hands so I am assuming this is not legal now, one shop told us no more in Silistra. But I have sorted it I put some cooking foil all around the gap and also around the glass, you can't see it as it screws up tight. Thought this was a good idea and it works well, no smell at all g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 6:52 pm

I can't argue about the legallity of using carbon fibre tape to prevent the loss of fumes, but when I was at the factory today I can confirm that all the new ones they were loading on the trucks were fitted with it.
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Berni you could try Venik in Dobrich for sealing rope or any other spares for a Prity, they are very good and some of the staff there speak very good English, which is helpful.

Just a footnote please be aware of carbon monoxide, if you and Dougie feel a slight headache, lethargy, or stinging in the eyes, ventilate
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 4:17 pm

cheekychops wrote:
Yes its getting very cold now ours it burning nicely

looks like my old gas one !
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 pm

GeshiSimon wrote:
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Berni you could try Venik in Dobrich for sealing rope or any other spares for a Prity, they are very good and some of the staff there speak very good English, which is helpful.

Just a footnote please be aware of carbon monoxide, if you and Dougie feel a slight headache, lethargy, or stinging in the eyes, ventilate

Ah thanks hun, we have not actually been around Dobrich but will take a trip down one of these days and have a look. Thankfully we have a carbon monoxide detector on all year round. Actually I never thought of turning it off we have a gas hob.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Should we be worried, are we in for a hard winter  snowing
Here in the UK, two days ago we had temperatures of 20c  s and yesterday 8c -10c
As I write this now at 11.30pm it is minus 2c outside

All road-cleaning companies in Bulgaria ready for winter season: official
2 November 2016 | 13:13 | FOCUS News Agency

Sofia. “All companies are ready for the maintenance of the republican roads under wintry conditions. About BGN 60 million has been allocated for the winter snow-cleaning.”
This is what engineer Georgi Zlatev, Director of the Road Infrastructure Maintenance Department with the Road Infrastructure Agency, announced speaking for Radio FOCUS.
The expert also informed that all the necessary measures had been taken in connection with Hemus motorway where repairs were still underway.
Georgi Zlatev commented further that 13 cleaning companies were imposed fines last year. The total value of the fines amounts at BGN 800,000.
The expert added that there was a tendency towards decrease in the number of violations made by the snow-cleaning companies, while the equipment used had been modernised over the past years.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 6:42 am

We it will probably be like your Indian summer you were all expecting a big dissapointment.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 9:39 am

It's chapel hat peg weather here in the UK, (I've only got my wife's word for that) -4c last night and up to 4 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow in parts of the country snowing

I see that Dobrich is experiencing an Indian summer with temperatures around the 20c mark, hope it stays for our next visit s Hot
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Just had a thunder and lightening storm here in Silistra Willow lasted all of 15 mins. Ginka tells me we will have snow on Sat. We are coming to the UK soon hope it is not snowing than
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   First fire for winter  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 5:27 pm

We haven't needed to light the fire yet...windy some days, very little rain and generally warm. Still about 23 degrees outside right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First fire for winter    First fire for winter  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First fire for winter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next