Fennel Seed and other spices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

Fennel Seed and other spices Empty
PostSubject: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Does anyone know where to buy fennel seed in the Tervel or Dobrich area? I found three possible translations using Google. When I asked in the supermarket in Tervel they only showed me to Dill, which is not the same, although the same family of plants, so the remaining translation must have been correct for Fennel. They had never even heard of it Fennel Seed and other spices 794030042

Failing that, the correct translation for Fennel might also be useful.
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 10:37 pm

GeshiSimon wrote:
Does anyone know where to buy fennel seed in the Tervel or Dobrich area? I found three possible translations using Google. When I asked in the supermarket in Tervel they only showed me to Dill, which is not the same, although the same family of plants, so the remaining translation must have been correct for Fennel. They had never even heard of it Fennel Seed and other spices 794030042

Failing that, the correct translation for Fennel might also be useful.

Have a look at this post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fennel Seeds Морач
Fennel копър
Fennel резене
Fennel seed Резене
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 12:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks those are the three names that I found.  c

I have just reverse engineered these in Goog's

Резене only comes up as fennel
резене only comes up as fennel
Морач only comes up as fennel
копър comes up as either dill or fennel

So копър must be dill by process of elimination

I presume by anise you mean star anise not aniseed?

Either I think would be too strong as I wish to use the fennel in a "Herbes de Provence" recipe and I think that even with a reduced quantity it would overpower the other herbs, but I shall make inquiries about the 2 remaining suspects and see how it goes from there Cooking
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 12:33 am

It must be Морач because I don't know of Fennel plant being used as a herb, the upper and lower case Р and р must differentiate between plant and seed  Fennel Seed and other spices 1931734156
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:49 am

It seems the the word копър is used for both Fennel and Dill The word резене is translated as Fennel
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 3:28 pm

резене Definitely Fennel
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Thank you people

If either of you live anywhere Dobrich and happen to stumble into Kaufland and see a bloke studying the herbs and spices intently, it will be me trying to track down the elusive Морач and what it's true identity really is.

T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 9:29 pm

GeshiSimon wrote:
Thank you people

If either of you live anywhere Dobrich and happen to stumble into Kaufland and see a bloke studying the herbs and spices intently, it will be me trying to track down the elusive Морач and what it's true identity really is.

T

When you do find it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do take a picture and put it on here g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:57 pm

NetsniperNetsniperthefirstthefirst wrote:
It seems the the word копър is used for both Fennel and Dill The word  резене is translated as Fennel

Coo blimey Netsniperthefirst, where have you been all this time, I'm so pleased that you are still about
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 11:19 am

I'm still about and I'm here quite a bit but not always logged in. Fennel Seed and other spices 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Just a thought the Bulgarians also use this word Морач which is Macedonian for Fennel
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:13 am

Got this information from a Bulgarian fried

Agricultural cooperative LEVELS 93 is specializing in the manufacture and trade of agricultural products. The cooperative produces seeds of wheat, barley, alfalfa, sunflowers, grown essential oil crops such as fennel and coriander. Based on IC LEVELS 93 in the village Ishirkovo Silistra

Usually fennel is a southern plant more available in Haskovo area. However you can try in METRO Dobrich. They probably don't have it in stock, but I think they can order it from METRO Varna and it will be delivered. This is an option, but not guarantee.
Back to top Go down
Scooby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 8:36 am

You just need to go to the local farmer's market and ask. I don't imagine where else they could have it. And even there, I don't expect you to find it. This isn't a very popular plant in Bg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fennel Seed and other spices   Fennel Seed and other spices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fennel Seed and other spices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1