View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Theresa May could be made Tory leader Empty
PostSubject: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Theresa May could be made Tory leader Theresa May could be made Tory leader 794030042

She is not PM material, just look at her record. She was also a staunch REMAINER, and therefor not the person to oversee our exit from the EU. I would not trust he not to keep us in. Leaveson seems the best of a very poor field. Gove is not to be trusted, he is the modern 'Brutus'. What about an all party all Leavers group? A Tory coronation would be a massive mistake. Not just that May could be a Cameron stooge but also this has to be fair and the people have to be heard. 60% of Tory MP's supported Brexit and the LEAVE campaign won decisively so it will have to be a Brexit PM. It will have to be Leadsom and if Gove gives his support to her he can be chancellor which he would be brilliant at. So there we have it, battle lines drawn and Leadsom would win hands down.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 7:16 pm

So the country will either get the most treacherous man in recent history and an absolutely appalling Education minister, or a woman who, only ten weeks ago was described, in her role as Police Commissioner, as the "'the single most damaging thing' facing the police". Good luck with that. Theresa May could be made Tory leader 739492727
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 12:42 pm

What a right b****y mess we are in, I've got no faith in any of them and the papers are just full of garbage (I can't use the word I would like to) Angry Theresa May could be made Tory leader 927475117 Theresa May could be made Tory leader 794030042
Back to top Go down
SMOOCH57

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 am

Leadsom is capable, she has a proven track record of high achievement. She campaigned for us to leave the EU and she will deliver the best exit deals for us. Are we really going to ask May to do something she doesn't believe in? Have you ever witnessed somebody making a really good job of something that they don't want to do? Leadsom is not a career politician, she has notable business and finance expertise and she's had considerable work experience outside of the Westminster bubble. She is very much in tune with very ordinary people. The importance of experience in government is over stated. Cameron and Osborn had no ministerial experience before they took their cabinet jobs and Leadsom is not required to lead the UK single-handedly if she becomes PM. She can unite the party and the people. May cannot and May cannot win the next election for the Conservatives.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Junior user
Junior user
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Most likely Theresa May will win... Her position on EU immigration is to eliminate free movement of people for any European citizen (hence introduction of Visas). This will destroy London (which represents a third of the country GDP) and will bankrupt the country... Yes let's not forget that beyond London the rest of the U.K. Hosts some of the poorest areas in Europe (feel free to google it). I am watching all this unfold with interest. It seems one of these historic moment that will reverberate for years... Sad time for the UK... But we have done it with our own hand.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Why is Leadsom even bothering?? No ministerial experience of any significance, a questionable CV and business history and no real gravitas or authority from what I have seen. Also, what about Gove - why has he torched his career in an (obviously hopeless) attempt to be PM? He is now the Tory Judas consigned to the political scrapheap.

Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 1:37 pm

sallyann wrote:
Why is Leadsom even bothering?? No ministerial experience of any significance, a questionable CV and business history and no real gravitas or authority from what I have seen. Also, what about Gove - why has he torched his career in an (obviously hopeless) attempt to be PM? He is now the Tory Judas consigned to the political scrapheap.

Which ever of the two women becomes PM we are not going to see another IRON LADY
Back to top Go down
mrswinston

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 4:06 pm

May does have her qualities. She does not play the parliament game, which has proved such an appalling and dispiriting spectacle over the last few days. She doesn't much like having lunch with journalists and drinking in Commons bars at night. She's cold, uncharismatic, introverted: all things which should disable a political career and which make it doubly impressive that she has come so far. If you asked me to spend a month on a desert island with her or the much more charismatic Johnson, I would choose her without a second’s thought. She may be unsympathetic, but she is genuine and has real convictions.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 am

Looks like she is in as of Wed

Theresa May to Succeed David Cameron as British PM on Wednesday

Bulgaria: Theresa May to Succeed David Cameron as British PM on Wednesday Britain`s Home Secretary Theresa May officially launches her campaign to become Prime Minister at Austin Court in Birmingham, Britain, 11 July 2016. Photo: EPA

British Home Secretary Theresa May is due to succeed David Cameron as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom on Wednesday evening.

This was announced by Cameron on Monday after Prime Minister's Questions, the BBC informs.

Speaking outside 10 Downing Street, the outgoing prime minister said he would offer his resignation to Queen Elizabeth II on Wednesday afternoon at Buckingham Palace.

Cameron, who has served as prime minister since 2010, will chair his last meeting of cabinet on Tuesday.

In June, Cameron announced his resignation immediately after the outcome of the referendum on UK's membership to the EU showed that 51.9 % of British voters had supported Brexit.

May will become the new leader of the Conservative Party after the only remaining candidate for the position, Andrea Leadsom, withdrew on Monday.

Thus May is set to become the second female prime minister in British history after Margaret Thatcher, who was in office between 1979 and 1990.
- See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Anybody except this half-wit..A choice of the " Establishment"..a plasticine PM..easily molded and pliable..We will finish up STILL paying into the Euro Ponzie Scheme..STILL take our quota of Merkels SPECIAL GUESTS..STILL be required to bail out Italy and France..STILL be required to jump at every utterance from Brussels..and STILL be run by the undemocratic Junta in Brussels..via Berlin..Still as long as Calamity May can still wear her fancy shoes and claim them on expenses then she will be happy..We voted Brexit and freedom..We got an overdressed clown..and NO Brexit from the clutches of the " Establishment"
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 3:52 pm

Strange! this woman who has presided over the largest mass immigration to the UK since the Blair days and has been the boss of the totally discredited ""NON BORDER"" force which has allowed millions of illegals access to OUR country should suddenly be all things to all men and woman if I am to be correct!~ As a a staunch remainer she is hardly the person to negotiate in a fair and reasonable Brexit deal with those like Junckers and Shulz that hate the UK with a vengeance Theresa May could be made Tory leader 3998065313
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I don't think you can endorse her as worthy of being Prime Minister until she's been in office for a year or more. I'm ambivalent about her, and can't remember anything worthy of note that she's actually achieved whilst being in the Home Office for six years.There is talk of negotiating with the EU, before we invoke Article 50 which seems to me quite redundant. Until she fulfils her role as Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and leads for the whole country, rather than a partisan role as both Blair and Cameron did, just for the Labour or Conservative parts, I will suspend judgement.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 8:57 pm

More Breaking news tonight

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boris Johnson named Foreign Secretary in Theresa May's new Cabinet

The former Mayor of London will serve in Theresa May's Cabinet

Boris Johnson has been appointed as Britain’s Foreign Secretary, it has been announced.

The former Mayor of London will represent Britain abroad on the world stage.

He will also take a key role in Brexit negotiations once so-called Article 50 has been triggered to begin the process of leaving the European Union.
Read more
Philip Hammond appointed Chancellor in Theresa May's first appointment

Other responsibilities include overal executive authority of Britain's diplomatic missions and a seat at the table at high-level summits.

Mr Johnson is Theresa May’s second appointment as Prime Minister; her first was that Philip Hammond is Chancellor of the Exchequer.

The former Mayor Mr Johnson was first elected to Mayor of London in 2008, and was reelected to the post in 2012, when he stepped down to once again become an MP.

Long touted as a successor to David Cameron, Mr Johnson sensationally announced that he would not stand for leader at the last minute before deadlines closed.

Mr Johnson was highly active during the European Union referendum campaign, appearing on television more than almost any other politician.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Osborne has been sacked best news ever The archaic old boy network Cameron & Osborne reintroduced in Government finished let us hope for ever. Next we need Osborne's old family chum Carney gone. please find another Mr. George or Mr. King guys who are honourable and would never have involved themselves in a Referendum. Carney is talking down the economy. So far Cameron's resignation did more harm than Brexit. The Stock market now its highest for very many months. The £ will strengthen it has started house prices in my area are still strong sales v good for June. Mrs. May so far sticking to what she said unity in Cabinet for sake of ALL in the Country not the privileged. Osborne was going to reduce corporation tax for Bankers Unilever Shell BP etc., to 15% whilst crippling the rest of us. GOODBYE OSBORNE GO PLAY WITH YOUR GRAND PA'S OSBORNE & LITTLE HARD EARNED CASH! Theresa May could be made Tory leader 2581928987
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 7:58 am

To say I have my doubts about Theresa May's ability to lead would be a huge understatement. However we need to move forward and this is, so far, the sort of pace that we need. I remind the people of Britain that they, by majority vote, elected a majority Conservative Government only a short time ago. If we demand democracy over the EU referendum then we must apply the same democracy at all times. I would ask EVERYONE that we now show Europe a united front in order to negotiate the future basis on which we relate to the EU. Britons rate Sovereignty very highly, something that the Eurocrats seriously underestimated and now I hope that the vote to leave will prove that we do not need politics and petty restrictions to trade. Other EU countries are closing borders, changing rules and defying EU diktats on migrants so there is no need to hesitate over imposing greater controls whatever the cost in our relationship to Brussels. Any interference with trade will not last long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theresa May could be made Tory leader   Theresa May could be made Tory leader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theresa May could be made Tory leader

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next