Let's see how this goes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Let's see how this goes... Empty
PostSubject: Let's see how this goes...   Let's see how this goes... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 pm

...when I moved to the UK, all those years ago, I did the right thing (or so I thought) and went to DVLA office in Lincoln to exchange my Australian drivers licence for a British one. My OZ licence entitled me to drive many different classes of vehicles...cars, motorcycles, LGVs, HGVs, Road trains (HGVs with up to three trailers and a max GVM of 300 tonnes), buses and coaches, rigid and articulated, single and double deck versions. My logbook, which I produced along with my licence, showed a verified record of just over 2 million kilometres on all of the above classes...no record of traffic offences, fines or sanctions. The best they could do was give me a licence for a car!!!

It's about to happen again...my UK licence has expired and I now need to get a Bulgarian one...maybe a licence to keep a dog???
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how this goes...   Let's see how this goes... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:24 am

If and when you exchange your license here ..whatever classes of vehicles your allowed on a UK one ..you still only get one for driving a car.....unless you actually ask for something different...and it costs extra

PS dog license / registration is free (in my area anyway ) if dog has all injections up to date and has been "done ""... La
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Let's see how this goes... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:37 am

All I need these days is a licence for a car, but it will be interesting to see what hoops I have to jump through to get it.

The dog licence isn't free here, and I had to prove all the injections and microchipping had been done...would have been cheaper if she had been speyed.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how this goes...   Let's see how this goes... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:16 am

Your ordinary driving licence should be straight forward and a simple exchange well it was for me but it will be interesting to hear your experience though Let's see how this goes... 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's see how this goes...   Let's see how this goes... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's see how this goes...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1