View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a debate for all us members to voice our opinions. It doesn't matter whether you live in the UK, Bulgaria or even Timbuctoo It should make some interesting reading, and the first thing I would like to ask is "what are the implications involved to UK citizens who live in the UK and have property in Bulgaria"

EU Membership: Reasons For And Against Leaving

There are pros and cons of Britain's membership in the EU. look at some key arguments on both sides of the debate.

There are strong arguments for and against Britain's EU membership

David Cameron has started negotiating a new deal with European Union partners ahead of a referendum on the UK's membership in the bloc.

Here are five of the reasons for and against Britain's membership of the EU.

Reasons To Stay

:: Millions of jobs are linked to our EU membership

As far back as the year 2000, it has been claimed that three million jobs rely directly on our membership of the European Union. The figure was even cited by Nick Clegg during his time as Deputy Prime Minister.

An analysis by Full Fact found that millions of jobs are linked to the EU, but said there is no evidence to show how many would be in jeopardy if we left.

:: Some of Britain's biggest trading partners are in the EU

Some of Britain's largest trading partners - including France and Germany - are in the EU.

More than 50% of our exports go to EU countries, and our membership allows us to have a say over how trading rules are drawn up.

:: It's easier than ever for us to work and travel abroad

Around 1.4 million British people live abroad in the EU, and having membership makes movement around the continent incredibly easy. Driving licences issued in the UK are valid in all EU countries.

:: Crime fighting

The European Arrest Warrant cuts out the need for long and complicated extradition procedures and allows criminals to be brought to justice across the EU.

:: Influence in the world

The EU is the world's biggest market and plays a big role in world trade, climate change issues, development projects and more.

It has the clout to take on multinationals such as Google and Microsoft. At the moment Britain plays a key role in the EU, and leaving would see us forgo that.

Reasons To Leave

:: Border control back in our hands

The flip side of the freedom of work and travel for UK citizens is that people from other EU countries are free to travel to and live in Britain.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage says any attempt by the Government to control immigration into the UK is futile as long as we are in the EU.

:: We could make a large membership fee saving

Like most clubs, the EU charges a membership fee, and it has been claimed that the cost is around £55m per day.

Analysis by Full Fact estimates the figure is closer to £24m per day when rebates and other receipts are taken into account.

:: Institutions are seen as lacking democracy

The European Parliament is directly elected, although the powerful Commission which proposes legislation is not.

Because many of these laws supersede legislation made by individual states' parliaments, some see the system as undemocratic.

:: Other countries successfully go it alone

Many Eurosceptics look to rich Norway as a country which trades with the EU without being in it. It also controls its own agriculture and keeps its fish, rather than being bound by EU quotas.

:: Get rid of any threat to Britain's military freedom

There is a push within the ranks of the EU's leaders for it to have its own army.

The president of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, said earlier this year that it would help show Russia the EU was serious about defending member values.

In the past the British Government has been forced to block moves to create EU-controlled military forces
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:07 pm

Just been to my local garage to fill up with petrol, got in the queue to pay and the guy next to me, ask, what do you think of the referendum result, I replied, I've got mixed feelings, he followed that up by saying, I will be glad to see the back of Cameron as he hasn't done any of us any good, so my reply was, OK but who is there that can or will do any better, his answer was have a coalition government with Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage. I paid my bill and on the way out I said to him, you are having a laugh aren't you Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 2381841692 Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:12 pm

justbazz wrote:
I have a question for you Andy...

I've read through the extensive list of companies etc. you posted earlier...the ones which are no longer in the UK.

May I ask where you obtained that info?

Do you have a link or links to an official source?

The information has been readily available on the internet for a number of years, just do a little research and you will find all you want , here is a good place to start. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Junior user
Junior user
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:43 pm

I've read about all the companies that have left the uk with grants from the eu and most people will say in the case of Cadbury that its a kraft decision but Cadbury uk got the grant before kraft bought them out, If you look around the interweb you will find plenty to read.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:14 pm

oldian wrote:
I find it amazing that brits who live in the EU would want the UK to leave ,what about your health care pensions etc ,or will all the sick expats come back to the Uk to put more strain on the nhs,and do you really believe that all the so called extra cash will go to the NHS,
will all the lazy benefit claiming brits do all the crappy jobs the eastern Europeans do picking fruit veg etc . Boris Johnson as prime minister  Michael gove as deputy prime minister (he really lied the NHS ) better still Corbyn as prime minister, See you all back in the UK when the Europeans kick us all out. Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 1660588075

I think we need to look at the bigger picture here there are only about 1 million British expats in the rest of europe and there is about 65 million in the uk so its not just a vote for us here in Bg but a bigger vote for those we left behind and their children's children, its so easy to only think of ourselves but we are not the only ones that this effects. If it means me being kicked out? which won't happen and my family and friends having a better life then I am happy to leave.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Got to agree with you Sally Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Here is one of the first indications of what all this could mean, not that it will cause me any heartaches

A host of star players would not have played in the Premier League last season had the United Kingdom already left the European Union, according to investment banker Keith Harris.

Harris, who has helped oversee the sale of numerous football clubs including Chelsea and Manchester City, told Sky Sports News HQ that N'golo Kante, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku and Dimitri Payet would not have been allowed to join their clubs.

Currently players from countries within the EU can work in Britain without a work permit but that is set to change following the vote to leave  Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 927475117  Hot
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Junior user
Junior user
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:20 pm

willowsend wrote:
Here is one of the first indications of what all this could mean, not that it will cause me any heartaches

A host of star players would not have played in the Premier League last season had the United Kingdom already left the European Union, according to investment banker Keith Harris.

Harris, who has helped oversee the sale of numerous football clubs including Chelsea and Manchester City, told Sky Sports News HQ that N'golo Kante, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku and Dimitri Payet would not have been allowed to join their clubs.

Currently players from countries within the EU can work in Britain without a work permit but that is set to change following the vote to leave  Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 927475117  Hot

My heart bleeds La La
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Is this a joke or just bad looser's????  
Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 3998065313
EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

129,291 signatures

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oldian
oldian

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:31 pm

From what ive seen in the UK the vast majority of eastern European people here work ( these are the people farage and Johnson moan about ) they are all ,or mostly young so are not a drain on the NHS ,in the north east the largest group of scroungers are Asians who bleed the country dry and will not contribute to the UK economy the other parasites are Somalis etc , so how is leaving the EU going to change this we cannot deport Asians or these others who choose not to contribute . I think our kids ( who didn't bother too vote ) will not thank us in years too come .Also will the French allow our border security to stay in France or will Kent become a giant sangate .
Back to top Go down
BigDave
Junior user
Junior user
BigDave

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:02 pm

oldian wrote:
From what ive seen in the UK the vast majority of eastern European people here work ( these are the people farage and Johnson moan about ) they are all ,or mostly young so are not a drain on the NHS ,in the north east the largest group of scroungers are Asians who bleed the country dry and will not contribute to the UK economy the other parasites are Somalis etc , so how is leaving the EU going to change this we cannot deport Asians or these others who choose not to contribute . I think our kids ( who didn't bother too vote ) will not thank us in years too come .Also will the French allow our border security to stay in France or will Kent become a giant sangate .

I don't think it's right to assume that the largest group of scroungers as you put it are 'Asians' (what is your source of information?) I'm sure there are a lot more British scroungers there too and probably in the majority, I take it you have spoken to the people from Samaria to know that they are Somalians?( People not parasites) Or is it because they look like Somalians? maybe your kids didn't vote because they are not interested in their future or the future of their children ? or maybe they were too young to vote? Who knows what will happen in Kent or France? but it will change that's a fact.

Perhaps you would like to let us all know which part of the North-east your referring to?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 pm

oldian wrote:

Here is the first indications of what can and probably will happen regarding our borders
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Its true I'm telling you La

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Love it Gimp La

What a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Congratulations, Britain!

And no, the UK has not left Europe. The world will also still exist tomorrow and there won't be a global recession.

I do hope this will show people that there is a life outside the EU and that the EU is not Europe's destiny. s
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:00 pm

I have been scarcely here in recent months besides occasionally reading from the rafters due to personal complications, but when I woke up to see and hear this wondrous news this morning, news I am deeply shocked by, I knew there was no place I'd sooner turn to give my first reaction.

I raise a glass to Britain and the British people. Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 1995268642

Now follows two years of threats from the EU, most of them empty. The EU will be more interested in establishing a free trade agreement, than having the UK create something a competing association and cause more countries to bail.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Thank you Andy, for the informative response....

Your first link does not mention any of the "lost" companies you listed.

The second link (from a questionable tabloid), speaks of a decision taken by a large US company...nothing mentioned regarding EU funding.

The question remains....where did you get all this stuff from????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes or No to the EU   Yes or No to the EU - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes or No to the EU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-