altText
altText
altText

Our first visit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gaza

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 10:55 am

Hi everyone. It's going to be our first time to Bulgaria and we have chosen grand hotel sunny beach!! I would just like to know if there is a pool bar, from description and looking at photos I can't see one and doesn't look like there is one. Also is sunny beach good for children? Our daughter will be 5 and were hoping she will enjoy it there! What are prices like for food drink etc? We are all in but may eat out at times.
Back to top Go down
del69

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:10 am

Bulgaria is good for children the beach at sunny beach is also good not to deep there is lots to do for children around the resort slides fair ground thing i always say i will go to the water park but never do bu the time we have finished with the pool and beach its just to late don't know about the pool bar but most / all hotels have a bar i know some have the pool bar because they don't allow glass around the pool so the pool bar has plastic glasses

prices for food and drink is very good but you will pay more on the front area

I believe that your hotel is on or near the front so things to the front of that will cost more KFC is near you but for Bulgaria its not cheap i have used it because they do mashed potatoes for my son

I never do all in only B&B I don't like to be tied to the hotel and things are cheap also I may not like the beer that the hotel has you can pay between 1 and 4 lev for a big beer 2 leva is about average

I took the boys on a horse and carriage ride around the resort they park near the KFC

I also took the boys on the boat ride across to nessbar that goes from the bottom of flower street right in the centre the boys liked that did not think much of nessbar boat ride over was fun had lunch over their which was good walk around and boat back just something to do for the day

I have to think of things the boys will like

I went in to Burgas for a day I took a taxi its a long ride for children and even longer if you take the bus

so i did not find that so good for children

I also found that because of the heat children don't want to do much in the day time but come the cool of the evening they want to go to the fair slides etc

you can drink the tap water but for the children I always get a large bottle of water and keep it in the room

and when we go out i top up small bottles from that you don't need to but i just don't want the small ones being ill all in all Bulgaria is good
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamstime.com/resp681046-stock-photos
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:14 am

The Sunny Beach grand is right on the beach road, very near to the center of the resort. Ive never stayed at this hotel.

Sunny Beach is great for all ages and there is plenty to keep the kids occupied. There are 2 main water parks, Action park in Sunny Beach and Aqua Paradise near Nessebur. There are free buses from all over the resort to take you to both parks. For the 5 year old, you may prefer the Pirates of the Caribbean , which is at the Hotel Kotva, at the turning to Nessebur. A local bus will take you there, get off at the football stadium.

Hotel food in the majority of hotels is not the best and many find that they eat out at the excellent restaurants in the resort. Very cheap to eat and drink, but cheaper away from the beach front. Avoid McD, KFC, Burger King etc.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:17 am

Some info here about SB [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BGmoaner
Junior user
Junior user
BGmoaner

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:25 am

Sunny Beach is a great place for families..... It has miles of beautiful sandy beaches with safe swimming for the children..... There are also 2 water parks (1 in Sunny Beach & the other just outside Nessebar)........ There are many trips that can be booked locally including yacht trips & jeep safaris which your children may enjoy.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: subject   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:21 pm

When are you intending to come over?
Back to top Go down
Gaza

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 3:03 pm

End of May into June
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: subject   Our first visit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Nice time to visit...weather should be nice and warm, perfect for the beach, but before all the summer school holiday crowds swamp the place.

Lots of folk on this forum can help out with friendly advice and recommendations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our first visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our first visit   Our first visit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our first visit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1