HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin. Empty
PostSubject: Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin.   Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Got to share this with you guys.  You know how difficult it is to get varnish off your hands, I tried washing everything, soap, nail polich remover, milk, vinigar etc  but fingers still as sticky as every. Then

A friend told me to use normal sunflower or cooking oil. I tried that and within minutes my hand, fingers nails were clear of varnish. g Brilliant! g g

Last edited by oddball on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin.   Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:36 pm

The major downside to using polyurethane varnish is that not all varieties clean up with soap and water. This can result in a messy cleanup process. But if you prepare in advance, you can make it as easy as possible.
Step 1 - Read the Can

The back of the polyurethane can will tell you exactly what to use to clean it up, usually it will be mineral spirits or paint thinner. Make sure you have some.
Step 2 - Prepare

You may not want to clean up right in your kitchen sink (although you can if you so choose). You'll need:

Solvent
Shop rags or paper towels
Hot water supply
Strong hand soap
Hand lotion
Protection for any painted or varnished surfaces that the solvent may come in contact with.

Step 3 - Apply the Solvent

When you are ready to clean up and your hands are sticky with polyurethane, you'll need to cut it with the solvent. Apply solvent liberally to your hands, and then use your shop rags or paper towels to thoroughly and methodically wipe down each part of your hands.

Step 4 - Remove the Solvent

Soap your hands with comfortably hot water, lathering well.
Step 5 - Repeat If Necessary

You may still find some sticky spots you missed. Dry your hands and repeat steps 3 and 4.
Step 6 - Clean Up

Dispose of towels or rags appropriately.

Step 7 - Moisturize

Solvents are very drying to the skin. Apply hand lotion liberally.
Back to top Go down

Tips to remove siticky substance from sikin.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1