altText

Gas bottle regulators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Gas bottle regulators  Empty
PostSubject: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 7:18 am

Getting real fed up with this lark now, everytime we have to disconnect the gas bottle regulator from the gas hob we seem to have a problem fitting it back on again as the gas gets through than cuts out. We have bought 7 regulators so far - Any idea whats going wrong. We bought a Turkish one on Sat it but it would not fit the bottle so have to go back into town again to get another one.  These are the regulators

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is the Turkish one
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 am

Generally there are 3 types you can get Bulgarian, Russian and Turkish which ones have you tried apart from the Turkish
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:12 am

I use the same ones and have had the same problems....I just keep trying until it eventually goes on!

Like you, I have gone and bought new ones...there is no easy solution, but I did find that wetting the '0' ring on the top of the bottle seems to help a bit...NEVER use oil or any type of grease!!!!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 am

davshaz wrote:
Generally there are 3 types you can get Bulgarian, Russian and Turkish which ones have you tried apart from the Turkish

Thanks Davshaz, we have had the red ones most of the time, it has Bulgarian writing on it so assume that is Bulgarian. Funny thing is Dougie fitted it again today and it seems to be ok, will see later when ready to cook dinner.

Thanks Baz, will give that a try next time we reconnect it. Just hope it is all sorted now Angel .

If it is not one thing it is another the flipping washing machine is now leaking Gas bottle regulators  3671290933 I want to go home now please Gas bottle regulators  1305387665
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 4:04 pm

We have had problems with the regulators here as well, never had a problem with the Turkish ones!

c
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:59 pm

I was given the choice of, Bulgarian, Turkish or German, i selected the German ones at double the price (25) leva if i remember corretly and have had no problems with them.

BGIan
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 am

BGIan wrote:
I was given the choice of, Bulgarian, Turkish or German, i selected the German ones at double the price (25) leva if i remember corretly and have had no problems with them.

BGIan
Gas bottle regulators  3356871870

Agree its worth paying that little extra I use the German ones although I have also tried the Russian which are cheaper but not nearly as robust as the German ones.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 pm

We are filling our gas tank today in Pavlikeni and it entail me connecting the regulator when we get the cylinder back home. This will mean a five to 10 minute battle with the wretched thing to make it work properly. What a strange world we live in now, the Chinese stock market going down the pan, they may as well put all their Chinese water fittings down there as well. Has anyone had problems with Chinese water connections here? We have, I won't buy the Chinese stuff anymore!

Gas bottle regulators  794030042 Gas bottle regulators  794030042 Gas bottle regulators  3998065313 Gas bottle regulators  794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Oh you know what!! I give up. We bought another regulator today a German one and like the Turkish one it would not fit the gas bottle.... Not idea what to get now can't seem to find a Bulgarian one. Tried the wetting the ring Baz did not work for us, also tried several time to connect the other 3 regulators, they work for about 40 seconds than die out. Maybe it is the bottle connections that is the problem Her is a photos can anyone see anything out of order please

Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 am

Hi Berni
Do you refill your bottles or exchange them? Take the bottle and regulator to where you refill/exchange and ask them to check, could be the rubber seal or the valve in the bottle?? you have tried everything else, so worth a shot

Bill
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 7:54 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Berni
Do you refill your bottles or exchange them? Take the bottle and regulator to where you refill/exchange and ask them to check, could be the rubber seal or the valve in the bottle?? you have tried everything else, so worth a shot

Bill

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Berni

Bill

We refill Bill bought this one several years ago for about 90lev  so will take it into where we refill and see if he can sort it.  Thanks for that guys ... T g
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:35 am

Might be time to renew then to be on safe side, g The guys at the stations are pretty rough with refilling and the different adapters they use, may put strain on the filler nozzle?? We have three bottles, One spare, one for portable gas fire and one for cooker and use red and blue connectors, had a small problem with the base spring on one connector, so binned it and replaced it, just took the bad one into shop and showed them and got same back, if you look on the connector it shows MBAR (mine are 30) and work fine.

Cheers
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 am

Ok give up now, we tried everything even straightening the pin in the bottle and still the gas cuts off, so I think next visit to Silistra is a new gas bottle. You don't realise how much you miss something until it's gone. Dougie fancied fried eggs wow can't even boil eggs Gas bottle regulators  3897195628 I wonder can you roast eggs Gas bottle regulators  2381841692
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:48 am

Think thats wise, you may not know what damage trying to straighten pin would have done? might also be an idea to invest in one of the small camping stoves... at least you can boil / fry eggs then, then there is also the BBQ La
Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas bottle regulators    Gas bottle regulators  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas bottle regulators

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-