HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

For those who like this sort of stuff....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

For those who like this sort of stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

....a month or two ago, my best Bulgarian friend phoned in a bit of a panic. He is a groundsman at one of the Plovdiv Universities and had exposed a wild ducks nest whilst strimming in long grass. He knows that my better half has a very good incubator and hoped we could try and save these 12 eggs. Much rather fast driving followed and a few hours later all the eggs were safely in the system.

To cut a long story short...all 12 eggs produced a fluffy bundle, although one did fade away after 24 hrs. We have cared for, sheltered and fed these lovely little creatures for more than six weeks and have been amazed at their growth rate during this time.

Well, today was the day for their planned release back into the wild and it all went without a hitch.

Mother Nature now has her ducks back.

Not sure if I can make this work, but I'll try and post some pics...from an hour old, in my daughters hand, up until today when they tasted freedom.

Sorry, it won't work, so You'll have to use your imagination.
Back to top Go down
hoseman
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 9:41 pm

For those who like this sort of stuff.... 2706089290
Nice happy story, thanks.
We've all had techy issues of one sort or another, here and elsewhere. Maybe it's an age thing (ours and / or our equipment!)
Facebook seems to be a convenient way of sharing photos.

Back to top Go down
http://www.beachfront-apartment.co.uk
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:02 pm

justbazz wrote:
....a month or two ago, my best Bulgarian friend phoned in a bit of a panic. He is a groundsman at one of the Plovdiv Universities and had exposed a wild ducks nest whilst strimming in long grass. He knows that my better half has a very good incubator and hoped we could try and save these 12 eggs. Much rather fast driving followed and a few hours later all the eggs were safely in the system.

To cut a long story short...all 12 eggs produced a fluffy bundle, although one did fade away after 24 hrs. We have cared for, sheltered and fed these lovely little creatures for more than six weeks and have been amazed at their growth rate during this time.

Well, today was the day for their planned release back into the wild and it all went without a hitch.

Mother Nature now has her ducks back.

Not sure if I can make this work, but I'll try and post some pics...from an hour old, in my daughters hand, up until today when they tasted freedom.

Sorry, it won't work, so You'll have to use your imagination.

I have only just worked out how to post pictures myself so here you go follow these instructions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 5:55 am

The problem I seem to have is about the size of the pics, not the actual process. I just posted 24 photos on another forum with no probs, but that won't work here....and I don't know how to take smaller photos. For those who like this sort of stuff.... 794030042

Anyway, you got the drift of the story.

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 am

justbazz wrote:
The problem I seem to have is about the size of the pics, not the actual process. I just posted 24 photos on another forum with no probs, but that won't work here....and I don't know how to take smaller photos.  For those who like this sort of stuff.... 794030042

Anyway, you got the drift of the story.

I too had the same problem but just before the last page after you have uploaded hit host don't go into the resizing) then copy the middle link - this is the photos and post it onto your post.  My photos are all big too see below. Do a few test posts I will delete once you are sorted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by oddball on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Glad to see it's not just me with my phat phumbs!
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:39 pm

justbazz wrote:

What is phat phumbs ??
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:56 pm

Phings what phunny pholk have!

...or phick ones, like me!
Back to top Go down
Demoman

PostSubject: Re: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:39 pm

oddball wrote:
justbazz wrote:

What is  phat phumbs ??

Fat thumbs  For those who like this sort of stuff.... 2381841692  . That is so cute thank you for sharing the pics justbaz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who like this sort of stuff....   For those who like this sort of stuff.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who like this sort of stuff....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1