View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Have just got back from a very enjoyable week-end in Market Drayton, Shropshire. Earlier this year I lost one of my Cousins to Dementia and at the wake is was mentioned that all the Cousins only meet up at Weddings and Funerals
so it was agreed that we would all have a happy week-end together. As some had to come from Yorkshire and others travel up from Cornwall, Market Drayton was chosen as a fairly central place to meet

After all my Cousins had left my wife and I stayed on for an arranged meeting with our very own Administrator, Ashley
and what a pleasant afternoon we had, covering a lot of subjects about Bulgaria, the forum and life in general
He came across as a very pleasant guy, and we made it known to him that we were truly thankful for all the support he gave us during our problems with our villa a few years back, we will be forever grateful T

Ashley took us out to the car park and showed us the Beetle car that he has rebuilt over six years from a rusty old chassis he found in a farmers field. Can you put a picture on the forum, Ashley, I am sure it will be of interest to the members Friendship 1536469901
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves Brian. I've never met Ashley but I do have a good feeling about him from the way this forum is run, your so lucky perhaps one day I'll meet him too. Friendship 1536469901
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Its always good to read something like this its what forums and forum friends are all about, I've never met anyone off any forum let alone this one oooops tel a lie I did meet Gimp sometime back while out shopping. Glad you had a good time and yet lets see you car Ashley.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:25 pm

I met Ashley a couple of years back in his hometown and yes what a gent he is g Glad you had a good afternoon discussing all sorts which is what I did when we met up. I think somewhere on here there is already some pictures of his Beetle but can't be sure I'll see if I can find them. Friendship 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:44 pm

It was a real pleasure today to finally meet Bryan and his lovely wife Sheila today, as Bryan has said we sat in a very nice pub and discussed all sorts of things from Bulgaria to cars etc. We often chat on the phone but have never seen each other until today although we had tried many times to make arrangements over the last few years but there was always something at my end which prevented it Friendship 794030042 however today we finally did it and I have to say that both Bryan and Sheila are exceptionally nice people and I feel very privileged to have spent the afternoon talking to both of them and generally putting the world and his wife to rights Friendship 1865348797 I will add some pictures on Frank (The Beetle) a bit latter just need to sort a few out as I have quite a lot of every stage of the rebuild which I did show Bryan and Sheila but they only seen a handful. Great to meet up with you both Bryan and Sheila and hope to do it again in the not so distant future. Friendship 3386807041
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Nice post this is hope you all enjoyed your meeting which it sounds like you did. Friendship 739492727
Back to top Go down
BigDave
Junior user
Junior user
BigDave

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:35 am

Looking forward to the pictures of your Beetle Ashley I use to have one many years a go but sadly I let it go. Friendship 927475117
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 am

Admin wrote:
I have to say that both Bryan and Sheila are exceptionally nice people

Oh so true...a nicer couple I have yet to meet......over the last "few ""years i have always treasured my time with them..threw the good times and bad !!

glad your weekend went well willow...was thinking of you both at sunday lunch with ashley..and pleased that went well too
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:19 am

T fellow members for all the kind words, you have made us feel that we are on the right forum, the best forum for friendship and loyalty, all headed by an Admin who cares for people and runs a tight ship (by the way, don't take any notice of his Avatar, he is much better looking than that)  La

I would also like to say that we are very proud of our home/villa in Bulgaria and it goes without saying that friends, both Bulgarian and expats have contributed to making us happy and content with what we have now achieved. Long may it last g Friendship 1931734156 Friendship 2316720568
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi Guys

Lovely to hear you guys finally got together and had a good time. Friendship 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friendship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendship   Friendship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendship

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-