BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA Jonathan Taylor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor Empty
PostSubject: BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA Jonathan Taylor   BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 6:54 am

BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA releases free album to celebrate 50th birthday.

British singer/songwriter and author, Jonathan Taylor, who lives in the village of Krushevo, near Sevlievo, is to celebrate his 50th birthday by releasing, free-of-charge, a music album containing all of his songs that were written specifically about his new home; Bulgaria.

The new album release called “роза сред руините” contains many older favourites such as “Baba Marta, Vseki Den”” and the very popular “Rakia Song” featuring Valdy Totev and Charlie Chaplin, but there are many new songs too, a media statement said.

The cover features two friends of Taylor”s, posed as marionettes, inside the old village school which is now disused.

“It says everything about the album and the songs”, he says, “Among all this ruin comes something beautiful, a new Bulgaria born free from tyranny.”

His most recent composition is “6 Ястребчета/Six Yastrebincheta”, written to remember the murders of the children from the Yastrebino village, and follows his earlier release “Песен За Митко Палаузов/Song for Mitko Palauzov”. The album also includes the track “Съжалявам:Ода За Режима/Строя /Sorry: Ode to a Regime” and his favourite, written about the village he now calls home; “Партизанин / Partisan”.

But also there are also some very unique historic songs, the statement said: “Христо Ботев:Обесването На Васил Левски/Hristo Botev; the Hanging of Vassil Levski, Христо Ботев; Хаджи Димитър / Hristo Botev; Hadzhi Dimitar and Христо Ботев:Мотивира/Hristo Botev; Addressing,” all of which are based on lose rock translations of the original poems by national hero Hristo Botev.

And there is much humour too; “Клеопатра / Cleopatra” was written about a barmaid who worked in the “Fenix Hotel” on Sunny Beach promenade: “I walked in to the store room and accidentally caught her changing her clothes, she was stood in just her bra and pants, and she was the spitting image of Joan Collins, the British actress who played the part of Cleopatra in the Oscar winning film of the same name -. I’m not sure who blushed the most, me or her? I just had to write a song about it.” Taylor laughs, and “Русалката И Аз / The Mermaid and Me; is written about young lovers who I saw swimming and diving off the rocks of Sozopol – they were so much in love with each other,and made me feel very, very old..When you reach your 50th year, you suddenly realise how short life is,” he said.

There are 21 songs on the album in total which will remain free to download for a 12-month period to celebrate the singer’s birthday. “This is my 50th year on the planet, how better a way to celebrate than to give back something special – I sincerely hope people will enjoy it.”

Bonus tracks include; Блузът На Нигел Фараж/The Nigel Farage Blues (Бонус Песни От Мюзикъл: Комунисти Във Космоса/Bonus Tracks from the Musical; Communists in Outer Space) which the singer finished earlier this year. The comedy features the UKIP politician as a Zombie, a complete idiot that lives inside the ruins of the Buzludzha peak Communist House. Farage is described by the musician as being a “a complete waste of space.”
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA Jonathan Taylor   BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:22 pm

BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor 2706089290 This is the chap that plays at the Silistra party
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA Jonathan Taylor   BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:58 pm

LisA wrote:
BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor 2706089290 This is the chap that plays at the Silistra party

That is brilliant news Carmen thank you for sharing.

Yes indeed LisA JT is the chap that DJ's for the Silistra Garden Party.  He is a lovely chap.

BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor 3356871870 Pint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA Jonathan Taylor   BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA  Jonathan Taylor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRITISH EXPAT in BULGARIA Jonathan Taylor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1