View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Time to check your Profile Empty
PostSubject: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Not so much 'Just testing' but also maybe a reminder for people to check and update their profile, some of the things I found that needed changing was the time zone, but yes, it could have been wrong before and I never noticed.

But apart from that, so-far things are looking normal. Time to check your Profile 2316720568

I thought I would get in early and update my system but the bad news is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit:
Is there a setting or is it possible to turn off all signatures (don't display), I found the setting in my profile to turn off my signature, but other peoples are still being displayed and although I have created one myself I think people should have the option of seeing other peoples or not being able to see them.

Actually my signature is still on my display even though I disabled from showing in my profile.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Text added)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi Phill I will look into the signature still showing and see what the problem is? As for seeing other members signatures I'm not sure about that so will also look at that. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks, one other possible problem.

The email sent out as a contains 'noreply@forumotion.com' clashes with other forums as it is a standard heading from the hosting company, so would it be possible to have that changed slightly, maybe to something like 'OBGnoreply@forumotion.com'

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Thanks, one other possible problem.

The email sent out as a contains 'noreply@forumotion.com' clashes with other forums as it is a standard heading from the hosting company, so would it be possible to have that changed slightly, maybe to something like 'OBGnoreply@forumotion.com'

Not sure about that one but I will check and see g
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Where the from line contains 'noreply@forumotion.com' will probably only effect anyone who tries (or in my case) uses Outlook Express or Even Outlook and wants to set a Rule for incoming emails so they are automatically channelled to a designated folder and that particular heading is already being used by another forum, although in this instance I can remove the other forum precedent as I don't use them very often now, so for myself will not really be a huge problem, but might be effecting other people who use 'Rules' in email programs.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Good point Phill will wait and se what others have to say ? g
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:46 pm

No problem for me I don't use outlook Time to check your Profile 2581928987
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Never found any problem with the signature banners, but each to their own. Time to check your Profile 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 am

Phill you personal signature is sorted. g
Back to top Go down
nurul47

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:12 am

My profile is now fine I don't mind seeing other peoples signatures they can sometimes be useful Time to check your Profile 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:52 pm

There looks like there might be a problem with the Menu selection.

When selecting 'Portal' the menu on the right-hand side is showing NO new posts, when in fact there is at least one new post, or at least a reply to a existing thread but it is not being shown on the menu count.

View new posts (0) should be showing (1) Which is ' Your thoughts on living in Bulgaria'

Menu
View new posts (0)
View unanswered posts (0)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Phil I am aware of this and it's being looked into. g
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks Ashley,
I don't want to appear to be moaning or complaining but just thought you would like to know about these little quirks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:06 pm

No not at all Phill I am more than happy for anyone to point out issues with the forum so we can try and address them, we still have not solved the problem of transferring the domain which has turned out to be a nightmare. g
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Just a observation, but can I also point out that the 'Mark all forums read' button/text is now down almost at the bottom of the Index page on the left-hand side, whereas it used to be at the top of the page, obviously not a problem once it's known where it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to check your Profile   Time to check your Profile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to check your Profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next