altText

roofing materials cost

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bagpuss
Junior user
Junior user

roofing materials cost Empty
PostSubject: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Howdy can anyone give me rough idea of costs for;
Roofing tiles each around 3000 tiles
Osb boards moisture type
A very high quality under tile roofing felt/membrane
What are the wood trusses/rafters made from in regards to softwood/treated/tanalised wood?
Plasterboard and plasterboard tape.
What nails/screws to use on the osb boards and roofing felt ie galvanized or type/name
Any advice on roofing welcome
Regards
B
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 pm

To work out the cost of replacing your roof you need to know exactly what you need as the price can change according to quantity roofing materials cost 2581928987
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 9:26 am

Bagpuss wrote:
Howdy can anyone give me rough idea of costs for;
Roofing tiles each around 3000 tiles
Osb boards moisture type
A very high quality under tile roofing felt/membrane
What are the wood trusses/rafters made from in regards to softwood/treated/tanalised wood?
Plasterboard and plasterboard tape.
What nails/screws to use on the osb boards and roofing felt ie galvanized or type/name
Any advice on roofing welcome
Regards
B

I can't give you a price for the items you mention, but would advise you to use oak beams for the roof. Secondhand are best of course and often available if you ask around, secondhand cheaper as well.

Chat Chat Chat
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 2:00 pm

This year we are going to put the strips of triangleshingles on the roof in the gazebo. I bought 10 packs last year, they are in stirp and has adhesive on the back so should be easy enough to put on although we will also use special galvinanized nails to secure it. We have laid a double thickness of 4 x weather proofing plastic on the roof first and covered this over during the winter, but I am thinking do we need to stick the plastic down to the wood or will the nails hold it in place. I see from the video below they have a black thick lining and nailed it down first

Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 am

Follow the steps in the video, pretty much the standard installation
g
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 8:27 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Follow the steps in the video, pretty much the standard installation
g
Bill

Yes will do as it looks simple enough, have to wait for the temps to rise so the tar melts and sticks to th plastic. Oh I am getting excited now as I have plans in place for the garden including big lorry tyres g g g Watch this space roofing materials cost 2345823347
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: roofing materials cost   roofing materials cost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

roofing materials cost

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1