View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

I want to see out the back window in winter Empty
PostSubject: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 am

I sometimes think it would be nice to see out the back window in winter. In the old days you used to have those stick on demister panels. The ones that turned brown, curled up at the corners and finally fell off. I've been looking around for one for my Beetle but not had any luck in the Uk so wondered if anyone had seen anything similar in Bulgaria. Below is a picture of the type of thing I'm looking for if it helps.

This is the kit. Electric rear screen heater &
demister for retro fitting to classics. Provides a clear view over full width of screen. Supplied complete with all necessary wires, connections &
switch. It doesn't need to be the same so long as there is rear screen heater demister I'm not worried about the other bits. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Dougie says he know what you are after so when we go to town we wil lhave a look round the car shops.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:17 pm

oddball wrote:
Dougie says he know what you are after so when we go to town we wil lhave a look round the car shops.

Thanks both g
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 19f2576d7c

Something like this?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:28 pm

will keep an eye out for you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks for that, the only problem with that one is it's sold Untried and untested and the elements on these can deteriorate after years of storage unless stored correctly and I'm not about to spend £50 unless I have some sort of guarantee. Thank you very much anyway its very much appreciated g
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:30 pm

varnagirl wrote:
will keep an eye out for you

Thank you very much VG g
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Obviously doesn't help with ice etc, but a good tip is to plaster the windows with shaving soap, then clean off the window, it might not be very easy to clean, but when it is it will stay 'demisted' for a very long time, you could also just try with a bar of soap, that should do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Obviously doesn't help with ice etc, but a good tip is to plaster the windows with shaving soap, then clean off the window, it might not be very easy to clean, but when it is it will stay 'demisted' for a very long time, you could also just try with a bar of soap, that should do the same thing.

Or smear with toothpaste then wipe clean no misting for months g
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:38 pm

These tips sound good but do they work through the winter when the car is warm inside and its very cold outside . g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:02 am

Not sure Ash but here in BG the cold spell last year, when the showroom was full of steam and you could not see much apart from the looking glass that I had covered in toothpaste and cleaned off. So might work in the cold too.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Have you found one yet ?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:07 pm

e keep asking in every car shop we go in now but as yet nothing I want to see out the back window in winter 927475117 sorry. but never say never we will keep tryiing. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Ash put it on this facebook page I have tried three times but can't upload the photo sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 10:52 am

I have one that has never been used, we bought it for our old Imp, I'll dig it out and put a picture up for you, if its any good to you and you are prepared to pay the postage I'll send it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to see out the back window in winter   I want to see out the back window in winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to see out the back window in winter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next