altText
altText

Finally the lavender tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Finally the lavender tree Empty
PostSubject: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi Guys

I am so very excited as we now have one of the cuttings from the lavander tree actually growing here in BG. I have taken cutting every year and planted the here but each year they die so this year I took the rooted small tree covered it in wet paper and put it in black plastic bag with water it was on the lorry for 7 days and I was sure it would have died. I also took thincker branches about 20 in total did the same with them. When it got here the paper was till damp and we planted the root and the cuttings immediately and I am delighted to say w have finally got my lovely tree growing here now as well as 6 of the cutting the rest appeared to have died off. How lucky am I g I l H this tree
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 pm

That's looking good never seen one before, does it sent of Lavender ?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 am

stigofthedump wrote:
That's looking good never seen one before, does it sent of Lavender ?

They really do smell of lavender. Absolutely lovely smell they produce. Also attract plenty of bees!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 am

Hi stigofthedump It does smell really nice I am no into flowers or gardenng at all. I am a tidy freek Finally the lavender tree 1865348797 These trees look after them selves they just need trimming bad and the best thing about them is you can stick the trimmed branches back in the ground and they will root thesselves so my plan is to have them all around the garden as a fence but we will see how it goes. i might be giving myself a lot of work in the utures when they need trimming back :Finally the lavender tree 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 pm

It actually look like a Lavatera rather than a Lavender .......
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 pm

varnagirl wrote:
It actually look like a Lavatera rather than a Lavender .......

You are spot on VG my friend confirmed it is a Lavatera (see how good I am with gardening) Finally the lavender tree 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:13 am

Thought I would update this page. Well as you know I was very excited that I finally got not only one beautiful blossoming tree but 4 in the summer of last year and I planted branches all round the fences for this year but when we arrived in Apirl the trees were just sticks and it appears the frost had killed them all off, So dissapointed as I thought I had cracked it at alast.

It appears that the only way to get a lavadera tree is to get one here as it is climatised . I seen something very simular in white and lilic in the parks in Silistra so will try to steal a cutting or two wow
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 9:10 am

Oddy ...dont pull them up...you never know as they are Deciduous shrubs and new...they may just revive in their second year..ie this spring
best time for cuttings are May/july

I also have read this ......This plant will be bare of flowers and leaves most of the year, which adds to the pleasure when it comes back to life, the leaves in late spring and the buds about June/July.
needs full sun
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 1:46 pm

varnagirl wrote:
Oddy ...dont pull them up...you never know as they are Deciduous shrubs and new...they may just revive in their second year..ie this spring
best time for cuttings are May/july

I also have read this ......This plant will be bare of flowers and leaves most of the year, which adds to the pleasure when it comes back to life, the leaves in late spring and the buds about June/July.
needs full sun

I left 4 sticks in but they have not taken however, will leave them there now, as you say they just might come back. Angel
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm

you never know....!
I stuck a "stick " from a Russian Vine in the ground and it did nowt for 2 yrs...just sat there.and then it went beswick !!!!

also a "stick ! from Japanese Rose which sat for 4yrs..then this year its grown and flowered for 5 months instead of the 6 weeks it should have flowered for

2 great bushes...worth waiting for.....eventually !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally the lavender tree   Finally the lavender tree Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally the lavender tree

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1