altText
altText

The Duchess of Delhi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

The Duchess of Delhi Empty
PostSubject: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:38 pm

I was in Cardiff recently and decided to go for an Indian meal while we were there and The Duchess of Delhi seemed like a good choice? How wrong was I The Duchess of Delhi 794030042

Just thought I would share my experience of a so called Indian restaurant in Cardiff bay

We visited this restaurant on 28th May after trying various other places around the Bay, we are both great curry eaters and was looking forward to trying what looked to be a new experience?? and yes it was!!! We were greeted by an Asian lady who showed us to our table and gave us some menu's to look at and asked us if we would like any drink which we promptly ordered along with a few poppadoms. This all arrived quite quickly and the waitress was very polite, however we seemed to wait an age before she returned for our main order which was very annoying considering the place was almost empty, anyway we started to order our food and I was asking for our order to be cooked with fresh green chilli which she didn't quite understand but then another waitress/manager came over who fully understood what I was asking for to take the order, we all had a biriyani we were 2 adults and a child so I specifically said that the one for our child needed to be mild and could we, the adults, have both the rice part of the dish and the vegetable accompliment that comes with it cooked with fresh green chilli to whichshe said yes that wont be a problem. Anyway we waited yet another what seemed to be a lifetime for our food to arrive, only to find that there were only 2 main dishes when we had clearly ordered 3 so we just sat there and waited for the 3rd dish and a side dish to arrive, they brought out the side dish and some sort of very watery sauce but not 3rd main?? Upon asking where it was we were told that there was only 2 but then the waitress who took the order corrected the serving waiter by telling him that there should be another and we were told it will be a few minutes? Well we waited and it was sometime before the waiter came back and told us to share the one we had at that point I asked where the vegetable sauce that comes with biriyani was? He said we do not provide any sauce only Raith (Yogurt) well I was annoyed now because we weren't told this when I asked for the vegetable sauce to be cooked with fresh green chillies. We decided to try and make The best of what we had only to find what I can only describe as scandalous!!! Each bowel of biriyani contained what I can only describe as Pilau rice with a few onion's and 4 small pieces of chicken and at over £11 a shot I thought we would get something really special. Apparently the watery sauce stuff was a complimentary dish but it was really as bad as the biriyani. On the menu the dish is described as (In countries of the Indian sub-continent, the recipe of biriyani has evolved, under a flaky crust with fragrant spices, served with Raith) The dish we were served was very bland and far from being cooked with ' fragrant spices' We didn't finish our food and got up to pay the bill where the waiter asked if everything was ok? I replied with no! The food was very poor and so was the service to which he replied 'I am sorry about that' and promptly relieved me of almost £55. I know a lot about the Asian food I eat and have eaten in more Indian restaurants than I care to remember and the Duchess of Delhi comes very near the worst!! To summarize.... Very slow service, poor/ badly cooked food, over priced.

Avoid this place or try it ? it's up to you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Don't know if it's the same one as here on 'Scores on the Doors'
[url:dxv4bqce]http:
//www.
scoresonthedoors.
org.
uk/business/duchess-of-deli-cardiff-912346.
html[/url:dxv4bqce]

But maybe you should leave a comment there which will reach more locals.

I must say though, I also love a good biryani, but if the sauce is rubbish it spoils the whole meal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 9:57 am

If its the one I'm thinking of opposite the millennium stadium then you its a very poor place and offers food that can only be described as rubbish and well and truly over priced, we visited the some time back when we were visiting friends and I was dying for a good curry and having never tried this place I thought why not? well I could write a whole page with the many reasons why no one should risk going to this restaurant but I would be here all day and Ashley would ask why I have started a blog :Very funny 2:anyway I'm sure you will get the gist of what a terrible place it is from what's already been written. The Duchess of Delhi 2581928987
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear of you bad experience there are so many places like this but this one sounds worse than most. I do visit Cardiff but thanks for the heads up T I will give this one a mis
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh Net's so sorry to hear that - it is the thing I hate most in eating out. The problem is when you get somethiing that is uncooked or cold etc it all goes wrong from there and spoils everything else. Dougie gets most annoyed with me when I complain, but I just cannot sit there and eat/not eat something I am paying good hard earned money for that you would not even give to the dog and say nothing. Personally I would write a letter of complaint and send to them telling them you will post your experience on Facebook g see what happens. c
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm with Bernie on this one also.

One of my ex's used to moan something rotten at me for complaining about bad food or lousy service, let alone for not leaving tips, regardless of where we were in the world, I think she thought everyone recognised her as she said it was embarrassing.

As for writing to them, I doubt if they would be bothered, and even if they seemed to care by offering a free meal, then my reply would be NO THANKS, they should have considered their service at the start, not too mention I would hate the thought of possibly eating something they had deliberately spat or spoiled in some way out of spite.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Funny enough now I am here in Bulgaria I am astonished at the bad service in the restruants - they serve from the right or just over your head. they never smile or greet you when you enter. They sit at the bar or the table and smoke in between servings. you tell them the food is cold and they look at you as if you are something out of this world. They never apologise just snatch the plate and take it away. I dare not go or a curry anywhere or a chineese unless it is recommended.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Been like that for the23yrs ive know the place...cant see it changeing much in the future either....saying that there are some excellent resturants about now where service is first class...few and far between thou !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Delhi   The Duchess of Delhi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Duchess of Delhi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1