altText
altText

I am feeling just awful right now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

I am feeling just awful right now Empty
PostSubject: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi Guys

Last year Baba Ginka commented on my bike an old shopper I her she could have it when I get my other one put together - This year we cleared out the celler and gave Ginka the bike, she was delighted but not been on a bike for 40 years so we told her to take it slowly little by little on a good surface. She was doing great, taken her bike out every evening for a little practice until she was confident. We were at a neighbours for lunch when she passed by on her bike, we all went out to see her and she was delighted. We arranged to go for a bike ride on Sunday,

Sunday came and Ginka was here at 1pm raring to go. She did wonderful on the flat road and went way ahead of us. We stopped and spoke to neigbours and she was very pleased with herself, bare in mind she is 72 year old. Again she got on her bike and went way ahead of Dougie and myself - when we rounded the corner there she was sitting on the road. She was coming down the slight hill too fast and pulled the brakes hence went over the bars she forgot to brake slowly. Poor love was in shock she could move but it looked like her wrist was broken, she was crying with pain and shock. She got up and started to walk back crying all the way. Dougie had to go back and get the jeep I caught up with Ginka and sat her down on the grass as she wanted water and there was none about so I had to get back to the nearest neighbour and gets some. When I go back to her there was a man there tallking to her, he was very helpful took the bikes to the neighbours as I told him we have to take her to hospital with her wrist. Dougie arrived and off to hispital we went - Got seen almost immediately she could move her fingers so I was sure it was not broken - The staff were not at all helpful one look from a nurse confired it was broken which put Ginka in stress mode took me ages to calm her down. I said we will wait for the xray it may not be broken - the nurse said it is borken so what of it. I was furious and told her exactly 'what of it' her attitude was appaulling an she has caused unnecessary stress to this poor old lady. She has not compassion at all. She apologised when she say how angry i had become and begain to placate Ginka, who by now was convenced she needed an operation. We went to xray that was then put onto the disc and then we too it to the ward for the doctor to examine but he was not there until 4pm the sister put the disc on two photos I ask if broken she said no puckla which is either sprin or cracked. But Ginka would not hear of it as far as she was concerned it was broken.

I left her in hospital as he sister said she would be there for two days, went back to get her clothes and toiletries etc and then I had to tell Ivan - Oh my God never again will I be the bearer of bad news - The poor man cried like a baby all the time calling for Baba Ginka I was heartborken, I not calm him down, Dougie stepped in but we could do nothiing he wailed and wailed - I left him to go and get Ginka's stuff he came and went upstairs all the time wailing the phone rang and it was the daughter I told her about Ginka but she knew as the hospital called I told her Ivan was in a right state she asked to speak with him. She was very stern with him and within minutes he was calm and we could move on. Got what we needed and headed back to the hospital - Ginka was much better by now calm and relaxed and in not pain. The doctor said they would bandage it an take another xray tomorrow to make sure there is not shatteriing I think, if all ok it will plasterparis she will be in hospital for two days.

She wants rid of the bike now, which is only natural - Ivan had warned her about falling off. I feel awful if I did not give her the bike she would be ok now she has a sprained wrist and will not be able to do anything for ages. I am feeling just awful right now 927475117 I am feeling just awful right now 927475117
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:27 pm

You cannot blame yourself Bernie. These things happen in life and it will bring you closer as friends.

We are up at Sparrow F--t 2moz. As we have to be at Stara Zagora for 8 am with our friend Kalinka. She had been in Yambol hospital for 5 days with a stomach complaint which she has had for a long time. But now it has stepped on so she has to see a top man at the Stara Zagora hospital so another 5 day stint coming up. We just hope that they find a way to help her.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Ah bless thank you Tony, just can't help feeling so gulty - Went to seen Gink today and brought her some items it appears she had an operation on her wrist I don't know why the doctor was not in a good mood he was should at the staff and we all had to get out before the hour was up. You can only visit for 1 hour from 5pm to 6pm and it appears if the doctor wants you out than you must go. Ginka is feeling much better she sid not much pain and she can move all her fingers. Doctor told her she has to stay in for 5 days and keep the plasterparis on for 1 month.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Poor you Berni - as tonyb60 says you mustn't blame yourself. We have all done things for others in our lives and there is no guarantee that everything goes perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Don't put this on yourself Berni. As Tony said, these things happen. You were, as always, just doing a good turn as you thought fit. I'm sure Ginka will be out in no time, fit as a fiddle and all will be well
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:48 am

T T Guys appreciate your comments H H
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:49 am

Been to see Ginka almost every day and she seems to be doing ok - she is not doing any work as such just pottering about. But she is on the mend now thank goodness. I have offered to do the washing and prepare the food for them but she says no - I try to cook what I think they will eat like soup, bearing in mind they don't like stuff bought from the shops however, I have found something she likes very much which is brown bread so get that as and when I can.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Just a quick update to say Ginka is on the mend now and looking forward to getting the plaster off - She no longer wants the bike which I have given to a young lad who visits his grandparents and he is as happy as Larry. Ginka was more than happy too I am feeling just awful right now 1536469901
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:14 am

All's well and you did a good deed you can't be responsible for what happens after, good to hear she is on the mend I am feeling just awful right now 570106603
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Well at least she had the experience of riding a bike, maybe it was her first I am feeling just awful right now 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm

cowshed-sarah wrote:
Well at least she had the experience of riding a bike, maybe it was her first I am feeling just awful right now 2706089290

She had not been on a bike for 20 years so took it slowly every day she practiced and when we went for the bike ride she did brilliantly but cycled way off in front of us than stopped and waited for us. She was going down the little hill too fast and pulled both the brakes too fast hence skidded and fell off. She realised later she should have pulled the brakes slowly but she forgot. But as I said she had not problem with the bike she was doing great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am feeling just awful right now   I am feeling just awful right now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am feeling just awful right now

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1