altText

upstairs or downstairs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

upstairs or downstairs Empty
PostSubject: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:30 pm

as I am about to sort the paperwork for my house, I was thinking as I have one of those split level houses with 2 rooms and hall downstairs and the same upstairs, I was thinking to put my kitchen and living room upstairs and a new staircase inside the house and add 2 balconies with a bi-folding door as I have them here and was going to take them with me in late Aug and put 2 or 3 bedrooms with built in shower rooms downstairs as I think it would be cooler their
so come on I am sure their is someone out there who can tell me upstairs or downstairs.
when finished I will open it up so the person who comes up with the best option to visit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.askbuck.com/.
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 7:25 am

In our house, we have the kitchen, dining room, one bedroom and bathroom downstairs. Upstairs is our living room, two bedrooms and a wet room. The living room is upstairs because the views from there are lovely. In summer the downstairs bedroom is cooler, but as it doesn't get a lot of sun is colder in winter. I would like to move upstairs in winter, but my other half doesn't! I guess it all comes down to personal choice.
Good luck with your decision! s
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 am

thank you for that, i think for the next few years i will only be over for a few weeks every other month or so, so i think i have to agree with you, however i do intend to inslulate the house and yes its the views as well that wants me to have the living room upstairs.
my ex wife, always said she did not want an upside down house, but i said you, shut the curtains when you go to bed and open them in the morning then goes downstairs to the living room and puts the lights on, dont figure. and thank you
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:48 pm

HI Paddy

We have the living rooms downstairs but if we had the choice we would have had it upstaris for two reasons one mainly because of the dust her - You can dust several times a day and still find dust. Two because of the views. When you have bedrooms downstars you tend to keep the doors closed but this is nto the case with the living room, we have gone through two dvd players because of dust.

Just so you are aware if you need planning perission for anything you needs to start obtaining it now as i twill take months and months to get anywhere. We have given up on the garage and storage idea just going to renovate the little house to a garage.
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:50 pm

thanks Bernie,
i have mentioned this to the mayor and he seems very happy as i am not changing the structure of the house just adding the balconies and moving the staircase further to the front but will check with the mayor and builder, also over on the 10/may will try and pop up and see you.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:27 pm

paddy wrote:
thanks Bernie,
i have mentioned this to the mayor and he seems very happy as i am not changing the structure of the house just adding the balconies and moving the staircase further to the front but will check with the mayor and builder, also over on the 10/may will try and pop up and see you.

:Great:fab
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: upstairs or downstairs   upstairs or downstairs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

upstairs or downstairs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-