altText

Getting nowhere fast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Getting nowhere fast Empty
PostSubject: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 am

I am gettng nowhere fast here in Bulgaria. We have to knock down the granny house and flatten out the land to rebuild but I just cannot get anyone here to help us. We need a JCB would be best to get one locally I will have to try the coporation company - Guess the price will double.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 am

Poor you Berni, frustrating - unfortunately there doesn't appear to any hire shops here in BG, at least I haven't seen one yet!!

Getting nowhere fast 794030042 Getting nowhere fast 794030042
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 am

This company is only about an hour away from you I think. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:09 pm

cheekychops wrote:
This company is only about an hour away from you I think. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Hun will give the a try T g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Unfortunately Robert (aged 39 years) passed away last month and his partner has been at the house to sell everything, what she wants to keep is coming back to the UK on Friday which includes the van in the link
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 pm

willowsend wrote:
Unfortunately Robert (aged 39 years) passed away last month and his partner has been at the house to sell everything, what she wants to keep is coming back to the UK on Friday which includes the van in the link

Ah I see thank you williow for letting e know sincerely how all goes well for Robert's partner - such a terriable time for her. Angel
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Obviously some sad news, but does that mean the company has closed down or still open for business.

It might seem a hard time for them but unless you ask, you will never know.
Maybe it's been taken over or run by someone else.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:19 am

Phil-H wrote:
Obviously some sad news, but does that mean the company has closed down or still open for business.

I think it has closed PhilH nothing on the phone no...
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:56 am

Phil-H wrote:

Hi Phil
My property is only 200metres away from where Robert lived. I was with Marion (Roberts partner of 21 years) last week so I can confirm that the house will be kept but everything else has gone or will be returned to their home in Scotland. Marion and her Father leave tomorrow and will drive the van and tow the horse box back. I wish them well with their journey. Hope that helps folk T
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks for the update, maybe as it was something I was thinking about then maybe someone else may also have the same thought, which you have now answered them also.

Now I'm sorry if this also seems a bit crass, but if the equipment has been sold on (or whatever) maybe trying to find out who the new owner/s are might be helpful.
Not forgetting you may also be helping the new owners of the equipment.

I don't really think this would be encroaching on someone's grief, but if you never ask you will never know.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Thanks for the update, maybe as it was something I was thinking about then maybe someone else may also have the same thought, which you have now answered them also.

Now I'm sorry if this also seems a bit crass, but if the equipment has been sold on (or whatever) maybe trying to find out who the new owner/s are might be helpful.
Not forgetting you may also be helping the new owners of the equipment.

I don't really think this would be encroaching on someone's grief, but if you never ask you will never know.

A good point Phil, I will see what I can find out, but we will have to wait as they start their drive back towing the horse box, they leave this morning and hope that the 2200 miles to Glasgow can be done in four days. Watch this space!!!! :Getting nowhere fast 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:42 am

We re into our 3rd week already here and still gettng nowhere. We need to build a decking, a garage combine storage space but just dn't know how to go about it all. The Bukider has not come back to quotes us. I don't know where to start, do we start with cleariing he land or getting the plans drawn up - Getting nowhere fast 3998065313 Getting nowhere fast 794030042 I don't now who to contact just feeling very frustrated right now. i am a very sensable person normally but for the life of me I am finding things very hard. No doubt I will sort indue course but can't belive how frustratiing things can get, there really i big difference when you move to another country.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 am

Hi Berni
Yes it does get a little frustrating, if the builder you have asked has not responded then locate another? A visit to local Municipality to the buildings office might be of use for builders, or locate a local architect, they usually have a list of builders they use? have a Bulgarian translator with you to make sure you understand what is going on.

Bill
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:27 am

The problem is most of them have moved on or returned to the uk because they couldn't make it here so there is very little to choose from now, Bulgarians are probably your best bet so long as they are good at what they do, perhaps ask the boss at Silistra.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:39 am

I think the other problem is that not many Bulgarian trades people have a website and rely on word of mouth so perhaps asking the coordinator at Silistra might help. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting nowhere fast   Getting nowhere fast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting nowhere fast

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next