View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

Sending money abroad Empty
PostSubject: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:09 pm

As an expat here I often have to send money to the UK to pay bills etc and I just wanted to let you know about transferwise if you haven't heard of it as it's much easier than going to the bank! You set up an account online, enter the recipient details and then use your debit card (EUROS or Pounds) to send the money. I've used the service about four times now and the money arrives in my UK account about an hour after I've processed it online and they charge about 3 Euros! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

g
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:32 pm

There are loads like this but without the restriction ie only euro's and pounds, but they do seem to be ok for small amounts within those currency's
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Just wondered if you had got permission from the admin to post your link, I'm only asking as if you haven't it will be removed. Only just trying to help you as a new member.
Back to top Go down
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 pm

They do offer other currencies too, just not levs, I was thinking of the Brits when I said Euros and Pounds :)
I haven't tried any others but have just been particularly impressed with the low fee and speed of processing here so I'll keep using them!
Back to top Go down
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Sallyann, I don't really know what I'm supposed to ask permission for, I'll go read the rules I guess. I don't mind if it needs to be removed, I just thought it was relevant and perhaps helpful Sending money abroad 927475117
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Sallann is quite correct T But having used this company myself I have already checked them out. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Ok thanks both, I will check in future Angel
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 am

T eatstalove for the link, I am sure this will be very useful to our members. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:08 pm

eatstaylove wrote:
As an expat here I often have to send money to the UK to pay bills etc and I just wanted to let you know about transferwise if you haven't heard of it as it's much easier than going to the bank! You set up an account online, enter the recipient details and then use your debit card (EUROS or Pounds) to send the money. I've used the service about four times now and the money arrives in my UK account about an hour after I've processed it online and they charge about 3 Euros! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

g

Just had a look at this but when I got to the charges it states the following - Big difference to the 3 euro eatstaylov :Sending money abroad 3897195628:

Standard transfer: estimated arrival Wednesday, 12 PM (GMT) - total fees £ 24.88
Express transfer: estimated arrival Monday, 2 PM (GMT) - total fees £ 52.53
Back to top Go down
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:16 pm

That's so odd as I never get charged more than 3 euro. Are you sending to a uk bank account?
I just used it last week and got the XE rate and a 2 euro charge when sending about 500 euro.
Back to top Go down
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I just had a look and the fees change based on amount sent.
I usually send up to 1000 euro so I suppose it's higher if it's more.
It's still worth checking if it's cheaper than the bank or not though :)
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 8:27 pm

eatstaylove wrote:
I just had a look and the fees change based on amount sent.
I usually send up to 1000 euro so I suppose it's higher if it's more.
It's still worth checking if it's cheaper than the bank or not though :)

oddball wrote:

Standard transfer: estimated arrival Wednesday, 12 PM (GMT) - total fees £ 24.88
Express transfer: estimated arrival Monday, 2 PM (GMT) - total fees £ 52.53

Ah I see why it is highter - I was checkng the cost to send £5k from UK to Bulgaria - it converted and show all funds would be transferred in lev

Found this on the list of countres they transfer to - so I assume they can NOW transfer to Bulgaria
Bulgaria - Bulgarian Lev (BGN)

TransferWise can only deliver BGN to bank accounts based in Bulgaria. We receive BGN deposits via domestic transfer to our bank account based in Bulgaria.

We can also send Euros to the Bulgaria (only if the receiving bank is SEPA-compliant).
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:49 am

Just used Transferwise to send funds to BG very good indeed and fees are nothing compare to the bank - will use them from now on. I
Click the link below get started. I got mysefl in a muddle but Transferwise sorted it all out in no time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:59 am

Glad you found it useful :)
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 8:01 pm

oddball wrote:
Just used Transferwise to send funds to BG very good indeed and fees are nothing compare to the bank - will use them from now on. I
Click the link below get started. I got mysefl in a muddle but Transferwise sorted it all out in no time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I used the link above, Dougie signed up and got a free transfer up to £3000. The transfer went through very easy. If you wish to transfer from or to anywhere click the link above and registar. Before you make the transfer, you will be informed it is free. Brilliant eh!! Sending money abroad 570106603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sending money abroad

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next