Best learn bulgarian book cd etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Empty
PostSubject: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Ive been learning some simple Bulgarian from youtube learn Bulgarian videos and from when I am in Bulgaria talking to people , I can now manage a very small amount of Bulgarian....

Im looking for reccomendations of a cd/book course, cd preferably as I can play that as I drive , something of the type that says something in English and then in Bulgarian , I learnt German with one 30 years ago, but not tried one since

Has anyone got any recomendations of any particular ones? or ones to avoid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

PostSubject: Re: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:59 am

I've tried many different courses over the years and found most, if not all, to be similar in their exercises, maybe because it's a tried and tested format that shows results. For me it's the books that accompany the cd/dvd's that remain the problem, i found that if had reached an issue with a particular problem, mainly not explaining WHY something was a particular way (the authors' seemed to assume we would understand without going into detail) i gave up and moved on. This link is a free language course, the mp3's are rubbish in my opinion but the text i find helpful.
One thing i have learnt, there is no substitute than to speaking the language to a receptive and helpful local in BG, all courses are helpful but only teach you "
the Kings Bulgarian"
like an English course teaches "
the Queens English"
and should be used as a source of reference only. The mistakes i made/make with pronunciation and grammar is laughable, we don't have the local tongue, i for one cannot "
roll my R's"
or execute the BG "
x"
which is half K and half H (like i'm clearing my throat), dnes (day) is a difficult one too, i could go on (oh! i already have Best learn bulgarian book cd etc 3998065313 )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] enjoy! Best learn bulgarian book cd etc 739492727
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

PostSubject: Re: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks , that site looks like a good start

So far I can only manage very simple words for things this should help.
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

PostSubject: Re: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 am

Oh, i must add that some of the cheaper language courses you see advertised, on Ebay for instance, are the exact same ones on my link, anyone can copy and use them as they wish for free, some choose to sell them on.
My all time favourite cd set was "
Bulgarian For Brits"
which is full of usefull everyday phrases, i know it off by heart. Remembering words and phrases is the easy bit, using them in a sentence becomes a whole new can of worms, enjoy your learning.
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

PostSubject: Re: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 am

I know what you mean about words being easier, simple phrases will do for now, Joining things together will maybe come later....,

It will just make it a bit easier to communicate with people and they may think that I am trying to learn. I hate to be the english person who doesnt try, I hate this in reverse in the UK.

At the minute we spend our time speaking individual words of Bulgarian, some writing on the nearest object and German ( a lot of people speak German near us ) with a bit of English here and there

I am lucky in the Business we have everyone speaks English, due mainly being people who sell on the internet, or use international forums so are happy to deal with us without us being good at Bulgarian or sign language....., I do try though
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 pm

will666 wrote:
I do try though

Which is half the battle. Generaly, even trying to speak is welcomed, no matter what the language.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best learn bulgarian book cd etc   Best learn bulgarian book cd etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best learn bulgarian book cd etc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1