altText

Captive Bred Tortoises

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

Captive Bred Tortoises Empty
PostSubject: Captive Bred Tortoises   Captive Bred Tortoises Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Everyone

On preparing for our departure to BG in May we are busy sorting out our pets paperwork. Does anyone have any knowledge about bringing a captive bred tortoise into BG. By captive bred I mean he has never lived in the wild and hatched in the UK and has been hand raised for the last 20 years.

I am trying to find out what paperwork he needs to enter Bulgaria as he is not a mammal and therefore does not fit into the pet passport scheme. I know he needs paperwork because a) its illegal to keep wild tortoises in BG and b) I will need to prove he is my tortoise should I take him back to the UK again.

I have had conflicting information about what he needs and enquiries to DEFRA have not been too helpful.

Can anyone help or advise?
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Captive Bred Tortoises   Captive Bred Tortoises Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:18 pm

If you get in touch with the Tortoise Trust [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they will be able to help you. Tortoises are protected so complicated, it is best to go to those who know what to do rather than going by what others might think. Sorry to be blunt but better safe than sorry.

Sara
Back to top Go down
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Captive Bred Tortoises   Captive Bred Tortoises Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks for the link. I will investigate further. You are absolutely right. I do not want to get it wrong its just been difficult getting the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captive Bred Tortoises   Captive Bred Tortoises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captive Bred Tortoises

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1