So proud of Mr Eq

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm

I just wanted to say how proud I am of Mr Eq.

A bit of background. He works in a zoo, a big one. Several years ago, this zoo was in danger of being kicked out of the global zoo records system due to the records being practically non-existant. Dave was given the opportunity of resurrecting the records and bringing them up to date, despite the fact that he was not into computers at all. He was a senior keeper. Being the sort of person he is he got really stuck in and worked all hours to try to improve things. He is like a dog with a bone when he gets hold of something, and won't let go. To cut a long story short (as they say) he was soon recognised as one to be reckoned with and the records were some of the best globally. He has helped form a support group for other registrars in this country, and travelled all over the world to meetings giving power point presentations and training other countries' registrars in record keeping. He has been fortunate enough to go to the USA, Canada, Australia, Africa and all over Europe. He is recognised in the zoo record world as one of the best, but the importance of records seems to have by-passed most of his superiors in his own place of work. When the new multi million pound quarantine station was built, he was given the new challenge of running that, and handed the day-to-day records over to an assistant, being still there for support and doing the medical records too. Unfortunately the managers wanting to use the quarantine facility seemed to regularly question the way it was run, from the care of the animals to the records, despite the fact that his boss was more than happy with his diligence. So over the years this, and the differences of in opinions caused a huge breakdown in relationships. As he felt he was not being supported by his superiors publically, it was time to move on. He wanted to get back into keeping, but was over qualified for this and was finding it hard to persuade employers that this is what he wanted. So selling the house at last and having the opportunity to move out to BG has come at a good time, something we have been discussing for a while. He has been there for 22 years.

So, three months notice was given to give plenty of time to find a/some replacements for him. He was keen to protect what he had achieved by giving enough time to find suitably qualified and committed staff. And off we went to find a house. Unfortunately things have deteriorated at work and they have left it too long to find anyone. Thank goodness the others in his office block are supportive and they all get on really well.

We have now been to a few leaving dos, very emotional for both of us, Dave for his achievements and the recognition and respect his colleagues (if not his superiors) have shown him, and me because the zoo has been part of my life since the 70s, when I worked there as a girl before marrying a keeper and left, then went back after splitting and fortunately found Dave, before leaving again. So I know a lot of the old timers still there. The turn out on Friday was more than he expected, and more than the pub could cope with!

Today he went into work to find a letter waiting for him from America, and in it was the certificate shown below. What a lovely thing to send. It has put a smile on his face again after all the argy bargy at work, and feels valued once again.

Of course, he is mega valued by his family and of course me. He is the best and it hurts when he is hurt. I am so proud that he has stuck by his principles. We can now move on to our new life in BG.

[url=http:
//s673.
photobucket.
com/user/tosca100-dog/media/cert013_zps518cb73e.
jpg.
html:24mmk8kn][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url:24mmk8kn]

So Proud, Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 pm

And so you should be. I have always been told by my other half that behind ever good MAN there is an even better WOMAN g
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Nice little tale of a man leading up to a long and hopefully happy retirement I know exactly how he feels after working for my company for over 32 years, it is hard leaving but he will find out that no matter how valued you think you are, you are just one of many. Your reward is to enjoy your new life in BG, and enjoy you will.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm

How wonderful to have such an award and your right to be very proud of him, well done and may there be many more in the future. s
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Well Mr Eq has really done well this time, I can see why your so proud of him and I'm sure you helped along the way so congratulations to both of you.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Congratulations Dave, a nice one to hang on the wall in your new home here in BG and a back on the back from Mrs Eq. Twenty-two years is a long time in one employment and something that isn't easily achieved these days. Retirement is lovely, every day is a Sunday and you can always do tomorrow what you didn't get done today, that's what I tell myself anyway, especially when I have got behind the schedule I have set myself. So proud of Mr Eq 570106603 So proud of Mr Eq 570106603
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Proud is an understatement well done and I wish you luck for the future So proud of Mr Eq 739492727
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Well done to you Mr Eq what a great day it must have been for all of you. So proud of Mr Eq 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Well done! Thanks for sharing Mrs. Eq
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Fantastic well done Mr E g You did fab!!
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Well done and what a fabulous thing to have done. So proud of Mr Eq 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So proud of Mr Eq Empty
PostSubject: Re: So proud of Mr Eq   So proud of Mr Eq Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So proud of Mr Eq

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1