Our Neighbour's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Love Thy Neighbour
On a visit to our Villa last year I found that I could not unlock the entry gate. No, the lock had not been changed before anybody jump's to a conclusion. Due to the bad winter the wall and gate post had moved therefore the hinges were lower that they should have been. Anyway I got in through the double vehicle gates. The next morning whilst I set about looking at the problem and trying to come up with a solution the friendly neighbour pulled up in his car, got out, shook my hand and this is where the sign language has to come into it's own because I speak very little Bulgarian and he speaks NO English
I showed him the problem, he did the usual shrug of the shoulder's wave his hand's in the air and drove off. fifteen minutes later he returned with an antique hammer and a slide rule and starting to measure how much the gate had dropped on it's hinges. At this point I thought he was measuring up for some washers to put on the hinge and raise the gate. He got in his car and drove off again and I thought he can't fix it and has gone, but no, I was wrong, back he came one hour later with two pieces of metal pipe cut the the right size, we lifted the gate off, he slid the pieces of metal pipe over the hinges, lifted the gate back on and I was able to use again, job done
I can say thank you in Bulgarian, so I did and offered him 10leva which he refused, instead he went to his car and produced a bottle of home-made Rakia, and after two glasses of that I didn't know if the gate had been fixed or not
To conclude this little true story I am very happy with all the neighbour's, they are all friendly, one who lives about 100mtrs away even brought some binoculars so he could keep an eye on our property and the new property built opposite is occupied by a Security guy who want's to keep giving us and any guests fruit and veg from his garden g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Never ceases to amaze me about the Bulgarians ... how they can manage to fix thing without much in the way of materials or modern tools.

Although the rakia always seems to help! Our Neighbour's 3998065313
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Ah how lovely thanks for sharing Willow Our Neighbour's 1536469901
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:39 pm

oddball
You actually met the neighbour I am referring to at our garden party. Lovely people g
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 pm

This is something we all use to do in years gone by but now we live in a throw away world and its easier to go and buy new, but what skills we have all lost over the years.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Thank you Bryan for such a lovely story, its worth the read and gives us all something to ponder about. s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Neighbour's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Neighbour's   Our Neighbour's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Neighbour's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1